F Trail UPDATED!!!! PICTURES!!!!!

Big Reg

We Plan on Having it groomed by early next week... we are few club Members, we have a New Groomer Op that we have to take out and show where to groom and I don't have the free time to take him out.... the groomers Break downs and Having problems getting fuel for the groomer are all things we have to Deal with.... Soon it will be done.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan to ride there next week. I was on the west side of Dog Lake a couple weeks ago and there was a lot more than 10" of snow. Dog Lake is big but I would think there is plenty of snow on the east side too.

Quote from Jonesy............Jones Power Sports

"There was a group of guys staying at ernies last week who rented a sled from me. the rode to chapleau and around dubreuilville and wawa area and told me things were great other than the new section of F not being groomed yet. They took the road from Dalton on the way back.

I haven't been to missinabie but it's shocking to hear they only have 10 inches of snow. hard to believe but as I say I haven't been there."

This was in reference to info saying snow was only 10" at Ernie's in Missinabie. I talked to Ernie and they have 12" to 14" on the ground. He said he has a big cabin for rent with a heated garage available. He rents $35 per person per night.

Ernie said that he is calling Dub. to see when they are bringing the groomer over to do the remade section of the "F" trail.

since my business trip is cancelled I will be there personaly to see if the groomer can make it on that big hill by the lake.

we also looking on another way on getting the groomer faster on site.

it will be open. Nothing will stop us. I did battle to keep this section of trail on the map and it will be open........if mother nature can cooperate it will be great

PRAY FOR SNOW

since my business trip is cancelled I will be there personaly to see if the groomer can make it on that big hill by the lake.

we also looking on another way on getting the groomer faster on site.

it will be open. Nothing will stop us. I did battle to keep this section of trail on the map and it will be open........if mother nature can cooperate it will be great

PRAY FOR SNOW

Thanks Reg,

If you cannot groom Ernie says the road has small banks from plowing and that it is easy to ride the snow next to the road from Dalton to Missinabie.

You guys worked so hard to get the trail redone and this season's snow fall has let you down. We are still hoping for a storm while there is still time to use the snow.

I have a group of 6 coming through next week either way.

Thanks agin for all the efforts!

Thanks for the updates. I was just curious.

• 3 weeks later...

A picture of the new bridge on the F trail

Just got back from riding your new bridge and spent Saturday night in Dubreuilville.

With the amount of snow available, you guys did a great job on the trail. One bad ice flow about 20 meters long across the trail near the Dalton end is only issue, so go slow until you know where it is...........

The rest is great considering the low snow. GREAT JOB making the trail wider compared to the old days too.

The "F" Trail to Chapleau is perfect for fast running all the way from the tracks east.

Wonderful to have the loop through Halfway back!

Thanks to ALL!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see F is shown between Chapleau & D'ville on the OFSC's Interactive Trail Guide.

• 1 year later...

thats great!!!!!!

Is it green yet?

holy 14 month old thread resurection Batman!

Ski

and you too for understanding it. LOL! ski

• 8 months later...

Any chance this thread could be UN-pinned this year maybe?

Archived