Aubrey Falls Trail Info Please

arguss

I was wondering if anyone can give me some informaton on the EB2 trail that connects with trail D to trail D106 into Aubrey Falls and the F trail. Is this route open? I believe I read D106 has been groomed into Aubrey Falls so I'm more interested in the condition/status of the EB2 local trail.

What would you guess to be the miles from Seachmont to Aubrey Falls via the above route?

Appreciate any info you can pass on.

Thank you.

there really is no more eb 2 trail. after the logging operation in there they made one larger trail dropped the eb2 name and named it the d106. it runs from just north of the echobay d107, TOP D trail crossing to aubrey falls. no more running the lakes at premeau and conacher lakes. all nice brushed rolling hills, and sweeping curve trail (road) now. the new 2008 algoma snow plan affiliation maps have the correct layout and name/numbers for the trail routing.

we were on it last week before the warm up, one large mud hole was present near the ski hill at searchmont on the ssm5 trail, you can get around it by back tracking to the last place the trail crosses the logging road, follow the road a few hundred feet past the mud and get back on the trail. the mileage from the searchmont fuel pumps to the aubrey falls pumps was just shy of 90 miles (88). they get another groom on it and it will be an awesome trail.

make sure you get on the right trail to go to d106 out of searchmont (or back to searchmont which ever the case maybe). the ssm5 and the TOP D north trail do not connect to one another. the ssm5 trail is in the ski resort property you actually run next to the runs on the hill for a bit. take ssm5 to TOP D east to the d106 intersection then head east on d106 to aubrey falls. ski

Thanks for the detailed trail info Ski! We will be traveling from Aubrey Falls and then back to our trailers in Seachmont so finding ssm5 off of trail D should not be an issue. I'm sure someone in Aubrey Falls will point us in the right direction to find D106 going to trail D.

One more question.

What about lodging in Aubrey Falls? There will be 4 in our group. Looking for motel rooms if available. Any recomendations?

Thanks again.

black creek outfitters and aubrey falls trading post are the only lodging there at "aubrey falls proper" ski

Archived