Walkers point area

apex_gt

Was wondering if the club has forgotten about this area..Also was wondering who had the key to the fence for the trail off of Renley..Beaver lake trail..I might have to cut the chain next time I'm there..

ps I like the new addition to the cook out shelter..good stuff

Was wondering if the club has forgotten about this area..Also was wondering who had the key to the fence for the trail off of Renley..Beaver lake trail..I might have to cut the chain next time I'm there..

Just a guess but if it's locked they do not want you going there

Apex GT I - The area is not forgotten about however it does take time to get all the trails open and priority is typically given to TOP trails before our local trails. I know we have had challenges opening trails due to lots of unsafe swamp & water crossings.

As for the gate, it if still locked, I assume there is a reason so please do not cut the lock or chain. These actions may upset a landowner and we definitely need our land owners and we must respect their property.

I will provide an update if I hear anything different than what I have stated.

Update - we need more snow before we can attempt to run a groomer in there and open this trail.

Snowcrest Riders should get an award for "Most Improved" club. The last few years have seen many changes and there are still some historical challenges to be overcome. Snowcrest has been striving to open trails at the earliest possible time. Many volunteers have be recruited and there is no shortage of work.

If a trail is closed in Snowcrest territory, you can bet its because of unsafe conditions or a landowner issue. Riding these the trails that are closed could result in more landowners issues, or personal injury.

Ride Safe!!

:mrgreen:

Cutting a chain will really help relations between Landowners and us sledders , which is not the greatest right now :argue:

MM

Surely he said it to get a reaction.... :wtf:

Surely he said it to get a reaction.... :wtf:

There is a name for that

Actually the landowner is my dad..He didn't know who had the key to the fence..Anyway I talked to him yesterday and he told me someone had opened the trail..Thats great news as it prvides a vital link to those in Walkers point..My nieces and nephew will be happy :-)

Actually the landowner is my dad..He didn't know who had the key to the fence..Anyway I talked to him yesterday and he told me someone had opened the trail..Thats great news as it prvides a vital link to those in Walkers point..My nieces and nephew will be happy :-)

And that puts a WHOLE DIFFERENT perspective on your comment! 8-)

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived