Rice Lake?

InFa_ReD

Not sure but I heard 8" in the bay at Bewdley. They are icefishing the bay but that freezes a bit quicker. I would stay off it till we get a bit more colder weather. There are a lot of springs in that lake and the rivers are a bit unstable yet. If you don't know the lake well these things can really catch up quick.

There were tonnes of sleds and a couple cars and trucks on it this past weekend. I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw 2 full size pickup trucks parked out in the middle of the lake. The gate is open by the trailer park in Bewdley (new trail entrance to lake this year) which means it is "assumed" safe.

There were tonnes of sleds and a couple cars and trucks on it this past weekend. I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw 2 full size pickup trucks parked out in the middle of the lake. The gate is open by the trailer park in Bewdley (new trail entrance to lake this year) which means it is "assumed" safe.

I talked to a couple people yesterday. It sounds like there is about 10" in the center of the lake. Just watch around the Otonabee where it comes in....bad spot at the best times. On a side note, are you sure it is assumed safe? I thought it was assumed safe once it was staked.

I talked to a couple people yesterday. It sounds like there is about 10" in the center of the lake. Just watch around the Otonabee where it comes in....bad spot at the best times. On a side note, are you sure it is assumed safe? I thought it was assumed safe once it was staked.

True say, it's not staked but the gate is open. Not enough snow on it to run the entire lake yet (if you enjoy having sliders). Lots of ice, very little snow. Little patches of snow here and there. Hopefully soon though. Looking forward to running the lake from Hastings to Bewdley in record time. :D

I took a quick little run from Gores Landing to Harwood on the lake on Sunday. It was not staked yet. At the Harwood government dock (where the old railroad tracks leave the south shore) there are open spots. This is right where you get on and off to get gas. This is also directly across the lake from the Otonabee, so it appears with all the rain, the current is still strong under the ice.

I'm not sure how thick the ice will be where the trail turns beside the island (spook island I think) and heads to Hiawatha. There used to be a sand bar at the east side of the island caused by the current from the river right where the trail runs and turns beside the island which can cause thin ice.

We have had a lot of cold weather without snow so this year the ice should be better than the last few years.

We are thinking about a ride from Wooler to Bewdley on Saturday this coming weekend. It is always nice to make a loop when you ride so we would like to come in via the trail along the south of the lake and return up the lake to Hiawatha and take the tracks back through Hastings to Campbellford and home.

Please keep us posted if anyone has more info.

thanks

This past weekend I took the trails from Keene to Rice. Some spots could use a little more snow but over all the trails seemed in good shape for early in the season. The swamps to Rice lake are thick enough to ride accross, the lake isnt staked so I didnt venture out on it but saw alot of tracks.

went to Bewdley today,,,,,lots of tracks going across the lake,,,,I just stayed on the end,just enough snow cover,,,,,and no more,

PIC09746.jpg

We are thinking about a ride from Wooler to Bewdley on Saturday this coming weekend. It is always nice to make a loop when you ride so we would like to come in via the trail along the south of the lake and return up the lake to Hiawatha and take the tracks back through Hastings to Campbellford and home.

Please keep us posted if anyone has more info.

thanks

Hey snoguzzler where does the trail pick up in wooler? I was thinking of taking a run on Sunday, any place I can drop my trailer? Not likely going far, maybe just up to Campbellford, or see if I can find this new trail to Brighton, that the river rats say is open.

Rice Lake is now staked from the entrance closest to Hastings over to the gas station in Hiwartha. I understand the entire lake will be staked this week. We ran the entire lake from the entrance closest to Hastings over to Bewdley on saturday. Excellent ice conditions, only 2 very small pressure cracks from end to end.

dWeese:

the club actual grooms out to cty rd 26 close to the Fox Den gas station in Wooler. I ditch ride from the house to the groomed trail where it intersects on the unmaitained part of Schriver Rd. I think you could probabably park at the intersection of Schriver and Adam's Rd and jump on the trail from there. Does that make sense?

I rode the whole lake today,,,,, :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

PIC09756.jpg

PIC09757.jpg

there is not enough snow on the trails though,

PIC09761.jpg

PIC09762.jpg

PIC09764.jpg

again,trails are week to say the least,

PIC09765.jpg

PIC09769.jpg

PIC09770.jpg

Well the trails are done untill we get some snow. I was out Friday and made it to the lake the trails were bare and rutted the lake had very little snow on it. :angry:

Well the trails are done untill we get some snow. I was out Friday and made it to the lake the trails were bare and rutted the lake had very little snow on it. :angry:

Looks like times are going to be tough for the week couple of weeks.

• 1 month later...

Be careful around the pressure cracks. A Razor went through last weekend. I have a picture but it's 1.02 MB and I don't know how to shrink it! :headbang:

Right click on your file choose sent to mail recipient

A window pops up

click resize image

choose about 800x600

your eamil program will pop up with a message

drag the attachment to your desk top

quit the email program without sending the file

now post that resized pic

Conditions report: I went out around 6pm (Thurs night)from the Keene trails. Everything was good except for the farm fields. Fields were a little bumpy due to the lack of base. I'm sure the trails will get better by Friday afternoon.

Trails are prety much done. Went riding Sat and the groomer was out. Sunday alot of snow had melted due to the warm temps. :angry:

Be careful around the pressure cracks. A Razor went through last weekend. I have a picture but it's 1.02 MB and I don't know how to shrink it! :headbang:

Archived