??? on trail from Chapleau-Timmins

sinjin

Does anyone know the status of the C101F from Chapleau-Foleyet-Timmins. We have a trip planned in February starting in Wawa. Right now I have it planned to go up through Hearst over to Cochrane and back the same way. Would like to make a loop of it, so thinking we could go down to Halfway Haven and take the wilderness trail over to F up to Chapleau then over to Timmins.

Normally we would take the F trail through Missinabi to Chapleau, but with the issues there this year it doesn't look like that will be possible. I have tried calling and emailing the Tata snowmobile club to ask the status and don't get any response.

Thanks,

Dave

With the closure of F north from Chapleau, I can't imagine C101F will not be open, but I can't give you a definitive answer - only the club or club member will be able to do that.

I enjoyed that trail a lot. Chapleau to Foleyet is a slower ride than Foleyet to C trail but the whole trail is a nice change from the other wide open highway trails in the area. A more technical ride and some nice scenery too.

For our big trip this year Akron Orange and I were going to start in Timmins and head to Chapleau and head north from there. I guess that's out and we'll have head north and west from Timmins. Its a shame we have to cut out the Chapleau, Hornpayne, and Wawa areas this year :banghead:

. Its a shame we have to cut out the Chapleau, Hornpayne, and Wawa areas this year :banghead:

It is a shame.

Hopefully, you've seen those areas in year's past.

Never been to Hornepayne, and that's a goal this winter.

dont cut out the wawa, dubreuilville, hornepayne areas for a trip like this berg. just change plans, ride from timmins to folyette, then to chapleau. stop for gas, & keep heading west on the wilderness trail to halfway haven (60 miles). from there go north to wawa (approx 75 miles).

you guys can decide where to stop stay the night and spend your money.

next day you can run to wawa, dub, hornepayne, and or maybe even to hearst.

ski

dont cut out the wawa, dubreuilville, hornepayne areas for a trip like this berg. just change plans, ride from timmins to folyette, then to chapleau. stop for gas, & keep heading west on the wilderness trail to halfway haven (60 miles). from there go north to wawa (approx 75 miles).

ski

What is the status of the wilderness trail? We have never had an opportunity to run it yet. Are there any markers or grooming on that trail, how do you know if it is passable? How far is it from Chapleau to Half Way Haven?

ski

What is the status of the wilderness trail? We have never had an opportunity to run it yet. Are there any markers or grooming on that trail, how do you know if it is passable? How far is it from Chapleau to Half Way Haven?

Hey There Ferndale Freddy,

There will be markers and Grooming.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5613

C'ya :!:

it is approximately 62 miles from halfway haven to chapleau, via the wilderness trail. going to have to ask the chapleau club and halfway haven staff on the conditions and grooming of the trail on given day (trip). this will give you the most accurate info so, a trip wont be ruined. ski

ski

Hey Ski thanks for the info. We really enjoy that area and were very disappointed to hear of the trail closing, we've been down it a few times.

Rumor has it STG that you might be the trail boss for the Ride for Kelly :woot: looking forward to a great weekend.

ski

Hey Ski thanks for the info. We really enjoy that area and were very disappointed to hear of the trail closing, we've been down it a few times.

Rumor has it STG that you might be the trail boss for the Ride for Kelly :woot: looking forward to a great weekend.

ISLAGAIT II ?

No No No :umno: No No No :!:

I'm just "along for the ride". :D

Everybody run for the hills, he's looking for something to ride :rotflmao::rotflmao: :poke:

Everybody run for the hills, he's looking for something to ride :rotflmao::rotflmao: :poke:

ski

A smallish but very friendly community 20 minutes north of Wiarton. Home of the North Winds Restaurant

I thought the Kelly ride was for the women only. That is why I played trailer jockey in the past and took my wife's sled and her friends then hung out at the resort all day. Does STG have a more feminine side we don't know about.

I thought the Kelly ride was for the women only. That is why I played trailer jockey in the past and took my wife's sled and her friends then hung out at the resort all day. Does STG have a more feminine side we don't know about.

The Kelly Shires Ride, main event, is a women only event. The official snowrun requires your first born, an arm and a leg for pledges before they will allow you to donate and participate. We have the OC Ride for Kelly, that is in support of the Kelly Shires Foundation, but is open to all participants and all pledge levels.

Get it? ;)

The Kelly Shires Ride, main event, is a women only event. The official snowrun requires your first born, an arm and a leg for pledges before they will allow you to donate and participate. We have the OC Ride for Kelly, that is in support of the Kelly Shires Foundation, but is open to all participants and all pledge levels.

Get it? ;)

Got it! You're right about the need for the first born and an arm and a leg. We are fortunate that we both work in large offices with a large population to beat up for sponsorships.

[attachment=0]Mouse on Cat.jpg[/attachment]

STG is on a CAT this year? :shock::shock::shock: :poke: :poke:

Green [/color] :mrgreen: Do Tell ................. :woot:

Green [/color] :mrgreen: Do Tell ................. :woot:

file.php?id=2684

Archived