F trail Chapleau to Missanabie

sobeit

As jb1000xgade says Chapleau has a lot of trial to deal with and as most clubs in the north it's a tough job with no money and burnt out volunteers.

Anyone who has ridden in chapleau knows the quality of their trails and I'm sure they could benefit from a reduction in kms.

I suggested at our district meeting that if chapleau was allowed to give up the F trial they should only be allowed to add in the kms of the jeep lake trail after proving a season of adequately maintaining their current system.

made sense to me?

didn't fly.

Makes sense to me as well. And, they should give up the groomer (temporarily, of course ;) ) they got for the purpose of grooming the F trail north from Chapleau. That also makes sense to me.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jb, you are the only voice we are getting from the chapleau club. Enlighten us on the decision. You have taken a VERY popular loop away from your visitors from the south which will make us choose to visit a different area when we cross from the states. Please post on the open forum. Provide facts and let us discuss the possibilities to offer solutions. We want this to be a win-win for all involved.

• 2 weeks later...

Where is the Jeep Lake Trail?

Where is the Jeep Lake Trail?

It's what's known as the Wilderness Trail that runs from Chapleau to TOP D. Halfway Haven is located @ Jeep Lake.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if there are any unused logging roads between Ernies & where TOP F crosses Hwy 651 near Dalton? I don't think the fact the Chapleau Crown Game Preserve is on the east side of the CPR tracks should cause a problem (TOP F is in it from Dalton to Chapleau already). The logging near E107 south of Apsley is in the Peterborough Crown Game Preserve.

Archived