any cochrane trail condition info from locals

cookster

well four of us are heading up to cottage monday morning. just wondering if the got the snow they where predicting was not to bad a couple weeks ago when i was there, just trail frozen hard in morning from cold temps, good as temps warmed up . one last little ride is better than no ride:)

We got about 30cm in the last couple of days. Had some people here this weekend and they said the trails were still pretty good even though the club has finished grooming. Temps will be in the double digits by next weekend.

We were staying in Timmins this past weekend and rode over to Cochrane on the C trail and they were great! 30cm of fresh powdery snow..couldnt beat it :woot: We did 170 miles Saturday just playing around and 150 on Sunday..we went to Smooth rock falls on the C trail, although it says closed because of the logging with all that fresh snow the trail was in great condition. If anyone is planning on going up Easter weekend for their "last ride" I would definately recommend it, you wont be disappointed!!

well all i can say is that was one of the best weeks of sledding all year, and i have been up there 6 times this year. all the fresh snow god it would not stop :) blew lane out at cottage on monday and on thurs blew another 14" trail grooming was nil at first of week but then the clubs decided to restart ;) ran a pile of closed roads and power lines and of coarse all the loops and main trails. april 6th to 10th = 1200km of pure fun for the last ride of the season for me.....oh and a sun burn on face from the sunny sunny day friday.

We were up there from thursday to sunday and my lord it was the best riding of the season. Skidoogirl and I did 1100kms in 2 1/2days. Went to hearst and back to cochrane friday, man what a great ride, 350 miles in 1 day. Was a great way to end the year. We put on 6000 miles this year. Now it's time for summer. Can't wait for next winter though :woot:

Yep it was a Dream come true sledding on Easter Weekend! It was the best run of the year..so much snow and fresh powder, it was unbelievable and the trails were imaculate. There will be snow up there for weeks to come! North Adventure Inn was full of sleds and they even opened up extreme tours on Saturday for Gas and hotdogs..that was really nice of them. There was a ton of people up at the Canyon on Saturday. The groomer even went out on the weekend to do the "Cochrane Loop". Best run was Friday our trip to Hearst and back, 350 miles..what a way to end one of the best seasons yet...6200 miles, and I cant wait till next winter already!!

Yep it was a Dream come true sledding on Easter Weekend! It was the best run of the year..so much snow and fresh powder, it was unbelievable and the trails were imaculate. There will be snow up there for weeks to come! North Adventure Inn was full of sleds and they even opened up extreme tours on Saturday for Gas and hotdogs..that was really nice of them. There was a ton of people up at the Canyon on Saturday. The groomer even went out on the weekend to do the "Cochrane Loop". Best run was Friday our trip to Hearst and back, 350 miles..what a way to end one of the best seasons yet...6200 miles, and I cant wait till next winter already!!

Sounds like a great last ride! Congrats!

Evil

Archived