$25.00

$100.00

THANK YOU

it's -3 right now

1-3 cm of snow Sunday

5-10 cm of snow Tuesday

we received another donation this morning $50.00

Thank you

now it's snowing and they call for more Tuesday.

our plan is to go groom part of the D108A Wednesday night to work on that 10 km that we share the road. GG will work the snow bank to keep that connection open.

Trail remain in good shape

March29101.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trails are in great shape for the time of season and weather they have been getting up there. dub's area trails are topped up nicely. what i could see from the road while traveling, wawa's are in great shape too. we will be back in dubre on thursday. 3 trips in as many weeks. the fishing has been great, the trails awesome and the hospitality spectacular. see you guys soon. ski

Well I just spent 4 days in northern Quebec riding absolutley incredible trails, hundreds of miles of them and they were all in great shape, the trails there, for the most part, are a lot wider than here and most of them aren't one pass groom trails but some take a leats 2 passes to groom, the signage is awesome and every curve is marked and speed asigned and they are generally accurate in the curve description, from what I have seen there in the last few years Ontario could use some lessons, not only in funding but where to get the funding. My yearly trail pass there was $250.00 and includes liability insurance. One more thing I should add is that we met in the eateries, motels etc. mostly guys from Ontario. - Bill

I have been riding Northern Ontario trails since 2001. Before that I spent most of my time riding trails in the Muskoka area. I spent 1 week in Quebec back in 04 and while the trails there were great compared to the Muskoka area they were no better and in many cases not as good as the trails in Northern Ontario. I haven't been back to Quebec since that trip because first of all its too damn far, too expensive and I don't like the feeling that everybody there wants to screw me out of my hard earned money. :curse: The riding around Cachrane-Kapuskasing-Hearst-Hornepayne- Dubreuilville-Wawa-Timmins...is as good or better than anything Quebec has to offer and the people are a lot nicer. :wavey: I will continue to spend my hard earned money in Northern Ontario where I feel welcomed and not treated like a foreigner.

we received 4 more donation

$50.00

$50.00

$25.00

$100.00

THANK YOU

it's -3 right now

1-3 cm of snow Sunday

5-10 cm of snow Tuesday

we received another donation this morning $50.00

Thank you

now it's snowing and they call for more Tuesday.

our plan is to go groom part of the D108A Wednesday night to work on that 10 km that we share the road. GG will work the snow bank to keep that connection open.

Trail remain in good shape

March29101.jpg

on April 2 we did received another donation of $25

Thank you

total of $820.00

If U guys gave out a Donationto the club and it's ok that we say your name just pm me or Reg. Sometimes we dont know if we should say who gave us a donation.

oh yeah thanks for the donation Mossy!!!! :D oups was that ok to say. lol

Here's what the donations did this week.

Trails look Great!!!!!!

Well I just spent 4 days in northern Quebec riding absolutley incredible trails, hundreds of miles of them and they were all in great shape, the trails there, for the most part, are a lot wider than here and most of them aren't one pass groom trails but some take a leats 2 passes to groom, the signage is awesome and every curve is marked and speed asigned and they are generally accurate in the curve description, from what I have seen there in the last few years Ontario could use some lessons, not only in funding but where to get the funding. My yearly trail pass there was $250.00 and includes liability insurance. One more thing I should add is that we met in the eateries, motels etc. mostly guys from Ontario. - Bill

I have been riding Northern Ontario trails since 2001. Before that I spent most of my time riding trails in the Muskoka area. I spent 1 week in Quebec back in 04 and while the trails there were great compared to the Muskoka area they were no better and in many cases not as good as the trails in Northern Ontario. I haven't been back to Quebec since that trip because first of all its too damn far, too expensive and I don't like the feeling that everybody there wants to screw me out of my hard earned money. :curse: The riding around Cachrane-Kapuskasing-Hearst-Hornepayne- Dubreuilville-Wawa-Timmins...is as good or better than anything Quebec has to offer and the people are a lot nicer. :wavey: I will continue to spend my hard earned money in Northern Ontario where I feel welcomed and not treated like a foreigner.

Not sure where you rode in Quebec but we started in Ville Marie which is only 3hrs from here compared to 5 1/2hrs to Cochrane, I have rode there as well and the trails were as good as there for sure, but as far as being treated like a foreigner we definetely were not, anywhere we stopped, ate or stayed the people couldn't have been any more accomaditing, even at the Comfort Inn in Noranda, beacuse we didn't have a car to get anywhere, the manager went down to the store and got a 15 pack of beer for us, I thought that was very accomadating. In now way am I belittling the trails here at all, as that is where I do 90% of my riding, this year about 9000kms. The trails here in my area were even better this year than last so I would say the clubs are doing a great job as well. My only mission in my statement was that the Ontario Government needs to step up more and help here, snowmobiling in Ontario is a billion dollar plus per year business and I would think that alone should be enough to get some help from the province, especially when you see that clubs who do a great job but run out of funding to continue aren't being helped by them. - Bill

Not sure where you rode in Quebec but we started in Ville Marie which is only 3hrs from here compared to 5 1/2hrs to Cochrane, I have rode there as well and the trails were as good as there for sure, but as far as being treated like a foreigner we definetely were not, anywhere we stopped, ate or stayed the people couldn't have been any more accomaditing, even at the Comfort Inn in Noranda, beacuse we didn't have a car to get anywhere, the manager went down to the store and got a 15 pack of beer for us, I thought that was very accomadating. In now way am I belittling the trails here at all, as that is where I do 90% of my riding, this year about 9000kms. The trails here in my area were even better this year than last so I would say the clubs are doing a great job as well. My only mission in my statement was that the Ontario Government needs to step up more and help here, snowmobiling in Ontario is a billion dollar plus per year business and I would think that alone should be enough to get some help from the province, especially when you see that clubs who do a great job but run out of funding to continue aren't being helped by them. - Bill

I'm sure there are a lot of very nice people in Quebec. My experience wasn't the best. We started our tour in Quebec city and when we returned 4 days later four trucks and trailers were gone and one was one of my buddys rigs. :banghead: We also had a problem with a few locals at the hotel we were staying at. They acted like they couldn't understand my wife and me because they spoke French. We later found out they spoke very good english but just acted dumb because they wanted to screw us out of our complimentary breakfast. We found that we had to be on our toes at all times because of the language barrier. Even though most of the people there speak very good english they act like they don't when its to thier advantage. I also didn't find the trail conditions as good as they should have been. The first day we rode they were pretty crappy for the first 180 miles. We ride out of New Liskeard Ontario and its a 8 hour ride from where I live. When we went to Quebec it was a 12 hour ride and most of the people from my area drive 12-15 hours when going to Quebec. I really like the people in Ontario and we have made many friends there. Maybe we just hit Quebec at a bad time but first impressions stay with me for a long time.

Archived