Help! Lake Manitouwabing Conditions and Parry Sound area

ride44

Can anyone tell me what the conditions are like?

We have a cottage on Manitouwabing, and if the lakes aren't frozen/staked, to me there doesnt seem to be any reason to go up this week end.

Are the trails ok to run?

Are there any trails in Parry Sound available to run...there seems to be so much snow but the trails reports all still say closed..what is going on?

Any info is apprecaited.

Thanks,

R

Read the post below concerning the levels on Lake Manitouwabing it should help. Also I know Cramadog is still in the packing stages & were hoping to be staking the lakes this week.

http://www.cramadog.com/

Dunahmic expects to have most trails open this weekend namely, c104d, c101 , 804 and 805. Groomers have been going out since Saturday. C104D has had a pass but needs more work. C101 has had a pass from c104d to the 804 and going out tonight.

Lake manitouwabing is not staked yet and we will be taking a look at it this weekend. The area were the trail crosses McKellar Centre road was completely open a week or so ago so we need to check ice conditions first.

Alot of the shore line has weak ice due to the thaw and high water. Some areas on the lake have extremely thin ice due to the current. I also hear there is alot of slush.

Please check the PSSD or the OFSC on thursday for a more thorough report as conditions will be called in after tonights grooming. I will not be able to update the dunahmic website for this weekend as I will be away from my computer.

Is it true that the area north of Parry Sound had a foot of snow between Tuesday & Now?

I know that they missed some of the big squalls earlier in the week. Are there enough snowflakes to get things in order from Nobel to Port Loring or do we need a bit more?

Argyle Riders (Port Loring) has there trails listed as closed right now

http://www.argyleriders.com/

I rode the 101 from the 104 T to the Sequin on thursday, the groomer was stuck at the bottom of the first hill we broke the trail for 40 kilometers. It actually wasn't that bad, there was a foot to a foot and a half of snow. I e-mailed the club presdient and he informed me that they got the groomer out.

Archived