Shining Tree – 3 Bears Camp

SlowTouringGuy

Only stayed at Three Bear once. Great food, friendly staff and all the rooms look alike when my eyes are closed. Did I tell you I sleep in a tent in the winter? Although I would love a hot tub, nice shower.......some times remoteness has it's costs. Sorry to see it go.

RR

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

should be interesting to see if halfway survives in the long run then

Halfway you kind of expect rustic accomdations. Maybe the new owners will improve it, since the atv experience is growing to keep them going in the summer. I was taking to the owner at uncles and he stated he was hoping to build new

cabins in hornepayne in near future, for similar

reasons. Look at nice accommodations dub has now at the renovated hotel. 10 times better then the old herriage inn, look what happened there.

Only stayed at Three Bear once. Great food, friendly staff and all the rooms look alike when my eyes are closed. Did I tell you I sleep in a tent in the winter? Although I would love a hot

tub, nice shower.......some times remoteness has

it's costs. Sorry to see it go.

RR

X2 stopped in once for a great burger and food and some fuel. The place was hoping then

back in 2005. Had to wait for a seat. Sure hope someone brings it back to life.

I can probably handle rustic but if my wife is with me rustic is simply out of the question....

I can probably handle rustic but if my wife is with me rustic is simply out of the question....

That is my problem too. My dad doesn't like rustic either.

• 2 months later...

350 seems good ?

Yeah right! I would offer 50 k and see if they take it. Who knows what the bank will let it go for. Longer it sits less value it will have.

yea. Right. Bank has no idea of property values?

Actually the house beside me was sold on a power of sale back in '01. No idea what the market value was or what the bank sold it for, but popular opinion on the street was that the azzhat that bought it was barely treading water. The neighbours & I figured he wouldn't have been able to buy it had it been going for market value.

Actually the house beside me was sold on a power of sale back in '01. No idea what the market value was or what the bank sold it for, but popular opinion on the street was that the azzhat that bought it was barely treading water. The neighbours & I figured he wouldn't have been able to buy it had it been going for market value.

Used to be on MPAC you could look up a piece of property and it would tell you the last selling price as well as the assessed value. I imagine you still can.

Three Bears was listed at 1.2 million when it first went on the market.  Now six or seven months later it's down to $349,000.00.  There is a reason for that.  It will be sold eventually as private property.  It will never open again as an outfitter and Camp.  The mortgage is not held by a bank, it is a private mortgage and he's not interested in carrying it for a new mortgage.  So any buyers would have to go through a bank to get their own financing.  I was told there were no chattels going with the place, that price is property only.  

Used to be on MPAC you could look up a piece of property and it would tell you the last selling price as well as the assessed value. I imagine you still can.

Correct me if its not the same thing,but around here a person can go to the local registry office and look up any property and find out who owns it and what the selling price was. Who has the mortgage or if the owner has it paid in full. Also can see who has looked at the property using the registry service cause you have to sighn in on the property in question. Costs 20 bucks per 1000 ac property parcel to look. I did it cause we purchased a farm and wanted to see for myself what people where paying in that area.

Correct me if its not the same thing,but around here a person can go to the local registry office and look up any property and find out who owns it and what the selling price was. Who has the mortgage or if the owner has it paid in full. Also can see who has looked at the property using the registry service cause you have to sighn in on the property in question. Costs 20 bucks per 1000 ac property parcel to look. I did it cause we purchased a farm and wanted to see for myself what people where paying in that area.

Could be... the only one I was familiar with was the MPAC website option.

JOW, that's pretty much the case. We looked up how much a parcel of land cost the township. All the azzhats would say was that the owner had gratefully lowered the price 80,000.

It's not as straight forward as it sounds. Luckily there was a chap doing a title search that gave me a hand sorting thru the paperwork. The counter staff isn't there to assist you (or so they let on).

Registries also show a lot of the previous owners dating back along time I noticed. I checked on my home farm where I live and it went back as far as the late 1800's. Think it was 1892 or something.

yea. Right. Bank has no idea of property values?

Three Bears was listed at 1.2 million when it first went on the market.  Now six or seven months later it's down to $349,000.00.  There is a reason for that.  It will be sold eventually as private property.  It will never open again as an outfitter and Camp.  The mortgage is not held by a bank, it is a private mortgage and he's not interested in carrying it for a new mortgage.  So any buyers would have to go through a bank to get their own financing.  I was told there were no chattels going with the place, that price is property only.

How much property is there and what are they doing with the chattels?

There are 15.4 acres.  And all the chattels have been sold or removed, right down to the table and chairs.  The pictures you see on that advertisement does not apply anymore.  Like I said, the mounts, tv's, are all gone.

There are 15.4 acres. And all the chattels have been sold or removed, right down to the table and chairs. The pictures you see on that advertisement does not apply anymore. Like I

said, the mounts, tv's, are all gone.

Maybe 50 K isn't that far out then. Not much land there and it is in middle of no mans land.

JOW, that's pretty much the case. We looked up how much a parcel of land cost the township. All the azzhats would say was that the owner had gratefully lowered the price 80,000.

It's not as straight forward as it sounds. Luckily there was a chap doing a title search that gave me a hand sorting thru the paperwork. The counter staff isn't there to assist you (or so they let on).

Actually, the municipal  counter staff can no longer assist you or give you any information.  Privacy laws and recent MPAC reg's now forbid it.  They can give you the registry for your own research, but cannot assist you.   Great job, eh?  Every azzhat in town gets to dump on you for carrying out your job as mandated by law.

As stated by JOW, you can pay for a tax certificate which will get you some usable information.

Actually, the municipal  counter staff can no longer assist you or give you any information.  Privacy laws and recent MPAC reg's now forbid it.  They can give you the registry for your own research, but cannot assist you.   Great job, eh?  Every azzhat in town gets to dump on you for carrying out your job as mandated by law.

As stated by JOW, you can pay for a tax certificate which will get you some usable information.

Yes, so if you've never looked up the title of a parcel of land, you may as well be reading a bible written in Polish.

• 1 month later...

There are 15.4 acres.  And all the chattels have been sold or removed, right down to the table and chairs.  The pictures you see on that advertisement does not apply anymore.  Like I said, the mounts, tv's, are all gone.

So any idea where Brandon is or why he's selling ? Has he moved on ? Sad to see a end there. I did hear he had been sick.

should be interesting to see if halfway survives in the long run then 

So has Brandon left town and how is his health ?

Yes Brandon has moved and now lives in Southern Ontario and has since May of 2015.  His health has not been good but he is improving very slowly.  He does not own Three Bears anymore, the mortgage holder does.  Right now it is closed for good until it is sold.  Myself and most people that knew Brandon, wish him the very best.

Archived