Advice on Northern Ontario trip

ssbare

Planning a trip out of Wawa in the first week of March weather permitting, doing a loop around the top of lake Superior to Marathon, Terrace Bay, Nipigon, Geraldton, Hornepayne, and back to Wawa. Any advice for accommodations (four guys), must see trails, or trails to avoid, and snow reports would be greatly appreciated. We have a week so we can shorten or lengthen as needed.

Thanks in advance

We are doing some of that beginning Friday. We're planning on doing French River-Bruce Mines-Terrace Bay-Longlac-Cochrane-Gogama-French River. I'll post some pics and reports on the 2nd or the 3rd. Have a safe trip.

Akron Orange that sounds like a great trip must be taking better part of two weeks. To bad we will have already left beore you get back to post. So have a great trip,look forward to seeing your posts.

Hey Big Reg the Chez Gaston sounds great,thats just the kind of places our group likes to stay at. To bad its so close to Wawa, maybe we will use that for our starting point, how far by road or time wise to Dubreuiville from Wawa.

Thanks Reg

Akron Orange that sounds like a great trip must be taking better part of two weeks. To bad we will have already left beore you get back to post. So have a great trip,look forward to seeing your posts.

Hey Big Reg the Chez Gaston sounds great,thats just the kind of places our group likes to stay at. To bad its so close to Wawa, maybe we will use that for our starting point, how far by road or time wise to Dubreuiville from Wawa.

Thanks Reg

by truck 45 minutes

• 9 months later...

Noticed a link in CjGaughan's signature to the Superior Loop, if anyone is interested.

Means a drive to Sault Ste Marie, now that Chapleau link from south-east is closed, but we're considering it for a trip and thought I'd post the info

Last winter we stayed @ the Crown & Anchor Motel in Geraldton & would stay there again. The Wawa Motor Inn has a lot of units & space for parking. Gas is nearby.

In Hornepayne the Centre is the only motel.

Check the links in my signature for more info.

Revrnd - Great list of hotels and mileage at your second link above.

Noticed a link in CjGaughan's signature to the Superior Loop, if anyone is interested.

Means a drive to Sault Ste Marie, now that Chapleau link from south-east is closed, but we're considering it for a trip and thought I'd post the info

[attachment=0]superior_loop.jpg[/attachment]

Noticed you gave the Wawa Motor Inn a 'B' and would have to agree. Clean rooms, drive up to the door sled parking, etc.

The cabins are great. Fireplace, kitchen, fridge. Good for a few guys riding together - we were 5 - and the restaurant was super (as was the lounge). I think it would be a great place - in the cabins - to stay a few days and run loops from there.

P2200392.jpg

P2200393.jpg

That's right. Saw an ad for the cabins while there.

Great pictures, as usual.

We usually don't take indoor photos :cry:

Archived