Almaguin Poker Run

skidoo700jay

I was heading to cottage for the week, leavin friday, but after seeing weather...not sure to bother..........grrrrrrrrrrr :curse: I have holidays booked so might be alot of cards being played......Can anyone advise on the conditions up there??

Hey Jay!

Just called the "one who knows all"....in Almaguin. He said there's no rain there yet...and he will let me know after tomorrow how the trails hold up. The trails are in the best condition up there this year - haven't been this good in years - so they should hold up. After tomorrow I will talk to him and he will tell me how they held. There's some snow in the forecast as well as colder temps - I think you should be "Good to Go"....I'll keep you posted!

KEEP DOOIN THE SNOW DANCE!! :woot::woot:

Hey Jay!

Just called the "one who knows all"....in Almaguin. He said there's no rain there yet...and he will let me know after tomorrow how the trails hold up. The trails are in the best condition up there this year - haven't been this good in years - so they should hold up. After tomorrow I will talk to him and he will tell me how they held. There's some snow in the forecast as well as colder temps - I think you should be "Good to Go"....I'll keep you posted!

Well that sounds a little more promising than what I have heard :woot: . We are heading up Friday for 10 days. Wasn't sure whether to cancel or not. Look forward to hearing what you hear after tomorrow. I don't think the temp has reached anything above zero "yet" up there this week.

Hey Jay!

Well that sounds a little more promising than what I have heard :woot: . We are heading up Friday for 10 days. Wasn't sure whether to cancel or not. Look forward to hearing what you hear after tomorrow. I don't think the temp has reached anything above zero "yet" up there this week.

Currently -1 and no drizzle or rain yet. :woot:

Thanks for the update!!!! - I cant wait to get up there again....one of my buddies has already cancelled his plans...lets keep our fingers crossed....and pray for a little more snow to cover the roads :woot:

Thanks for the update!!!! - I cant wait to get up there again....one of my buddies has already cancelled his plans...lets keep our fingers crossed....and pray for a little more snow to cover the roads :woot:

Northbay and Sturgeon Falls rained on and off all day Monday and yesterday. Snow hard as a rock with no loose snow. Could easily have a over heating problem, currently + five and foggy. :wtf:

Good News!!! - All trails will open up today, cold temps are back and the trails are still in great shape......the Poker run is on :woot::woot:

My buddy was out last night on some sections and said the trails are still in excellent shape except for the odd spot...a little snow would help on the roads but should be good riding..

See everyone up there!! :D

Archived