bad JUJU, decided to stay home this weekend

skidooboy

kept getting road blocks put in my face all day. started day with light workload, then proceded to get hammered all day long with work. had sleds loaded in the trailer last night to "test" lynnes ailing starter relay on her nytro. it failed the test, and would not start in the cold this am. :umno:

dealer wouldnt pull off the relay so we could ride. i jumped the relay and got the sled to start, would have been a pain to hotwire it every time we wanted to shut it off. but it could be done in a pinch. called another dealer, found the part, went and got it, paid for it v.s opting for the warrantee as i just wanted to ride. then the first dealer called and said, they talked to the owner come get the part from a showroom sled. i told him i had it covered.

went home put it on the sled.... vrooooom it worked! loaded up gear tools and bags, found pop can blown up on interior of truck (yuk, and if you know me, that aint good), more work from work, hey dont they know i want to go riding? watched weather and trail conditions the last 72 hours basicly changed by the minute. gonna get cold, gonna get warm, gonna get cold, snow squall warnings..... pfffffffffffft! :curse: :angry: :curse: :banghead:

finished loading things up, got in the truck started driving up, within 5 miles of home i asked the question to the lord, give me a sign if you dont want us to go. within seconds, i kid you not, lynne uttered the words, "maybe we should just turn around and go home". so i did. :woot:

i am a big believer in karma, and signs and i figure dont ask a question you dont want the answer to. well, i got it. :wavey:

hope everyone has fun, stays warm and is safe this weekend. ski

Had a trip that started out leaving in an ice storm. Was in 4wd by 8 miles in and never took back out.

Halfway up Mich the ice turned into snow.

Thought the world may just possibly come to an end as we headed over the bridge. (Middle of the bloody night - straightline winds...)

Had a 2" buildup on the truck and needed a rubber hammer at the bridge to break ice off truck to fuel door!

Averaged 45 mph from Ohio to Blueberry Hill Camp!

Next morning chumm blows all bulbs as his voltage reg was bad before ever git'n off the trailer.

Once we git going - we call ahead to the other end of the trail and are told not to come as they are having the biggest snow of the yr today. (It was mid March!) Come tomorrow.

So we git a cabin and I could piss many times harder than the shower, but by the time you finger that out - yuhr already wet....

Next morning head out on some of the best riding in yuhr life (18" of fresh!) only to burn all the gas (16 gal) before finding the stash in the bush.

2 more days go by and you git a kewl chopper ride! :wtf:

Sleds are still 125 klicks in the bush yet....

Yep - somewhere in there may have been a sign or two eh?

Sometimes we just gotta open our ears and listen...

...but on the other hand - those are the trips you remember the most and tell the most to the same people who are tired of hearing it. But you need to relive that sucker many MANY times to get the cost ammoritized to an acceptable level. LOL!

Glad you were listening. :rockon:

Bad juju today too.

Heading down the trail from Ilderton back towards Strathroy today. Come over a hill, all of a sudden two dudes walking on the trails

:o

I come to a stop, buddy can't stop in time.

:banghead:

BAM

Back into my sled. My grab bar went through the grill of his hood and dented/put a hole in his pipe. My aluminum mount that has the flap on it was pushed in all the way.

Seems like the only damage. His motor didn't seem to shift.

Anyway, I know that's not much of a weather/mojo story, but still a terrible day! At least we got a few hours of riding in.

Oh ya, the dudes walking the trail were heading out to pickup the wreckage of the guy's 2008 Yamaha Apex that he totalled the night before! :cry:

Mistakes and issues where you ride Eric can kill you. You made the right choice. It will be a long season. You'll make it up. Spend the time to get your tax info ready for your CPA instead of waiting like the rest of us...

Nailem,

Not sure... We weren't too far from ilderton so maybe. I'm glad my sled didn't take too much of a beating. Just had to bend out the rear piece that the tail flap is mounted too

Steve didn't get off so easy. He's riveting his hood and belly pan back together as we speak.. Also getting a new exhaust as my grab handle went right through his :S

Archived