Area Trail Report

The Groomer Guy

Well I just back from a trip to hearst this weekend, Sorry Guys I did go On my Sled.

I left Saturday, going down Hwy 17 the D to White River was not Groomed and did not seem to have been packed so far this year. As I got near Hornepayne I could see Lot's of snowmobile tracks and the groomed trail, going out hornepayne you could see that the Club had groomed the trail. further down the Hwy where there trail runs next to the hwy you could see where the trail is but could not realy see it they had groomed once this year because of the recent snow fall.

Once at Hwy 11 I turned Right (east) to hearst, about less then 5 km (I think) not too far from the Old Bambinos I saw the new place Eagles......Something (Native place) looked open and a very nice place. The trail now going next to Hwy 11, you could see where the trail was but it had not been groomed or packed.

About 40km West of hearst I saw a where the groomer had turned around, it had groomed the A trail up to the 40km mark and turned around, I found it od that it had turned at 40km but then as I was driving I saw why they had only did 40km, They had to do alot of holes to Fill and Creeks to Pack so 40km must of been a big dawn of work for them.

The Section that was groomed seem very good, I whish I had been riding it instead of being in the truck.

I cam back on Sunday and I saw that White River had groomed the D up to our end durring the Day on Saturday.

Ok I guess this post was not usefull, I got 108 People look but not one coment.

Thank you Guy. lol Next time I'l keep my Eyes on the road instead of doing side to side trying to see if the trail is groomed on the side of the Road.

Surprised they have not been grooming regulary up there

lack of snow? or manpower?

Groomer guy our group will be in your area on Friday of this week ,we are leaving from Heyden and going to Chapleau,then we are heading to Wawa.

we are stopping in dub friday hopefully for lunch if we find our way there :) I will keep a eye open for you last year we did not get to meet you you where busy with the snowmobiler magazine.

We are staying in Wawa friday night then first thing saturday morning I have to get a oil change at the polaris dealer. then we are heading to Hornepayne.I have my camera all charged up and will be posting pics nightly of our adventure.

Hope we have decent weather on our drive up there tommorrow.

zrtkat

luc' always your reports are read and very much appreciated. i sent you another pm but didnt get a response. are we ok?

zrtcat did you find something out we dont know about the trails from searchmont to chapleau or are you guys not taking the F trail up through ubrey falls and flame lake?

ski

Ski we called today and the lady from aubrey falls says the F trail is still closed up tp chapleau, so that is why we are taking the wilderness trail up to chapleau.

will let you know if it changes

zrtkat

Ok I guess this post was not usefull, I got 108 People look but not one coment.

Thank you Guy. lol Next time I'l keep my Eyes on the road instead of doing side to side trying to see if the trail is groomed on the side of the Road.

Hey GG do you need a hug.......... :D .......lolllllllllllll

:lol::lol::lol: i was thinking the same thing. or maybe alittle female companionship. maybe we should run him up to hearst to the queens? :geek::ugeek:

we riding this weekend? LOL! ski

Luc, just because we don't write doesn't mean we don't luv ya :lol::lol: Your reports, comments and pictures are an invaluable tool for those of us state side who are trying to plan a trip to your winter wonderland. It is people like you, Big Reg, Jonesy, Mo and many others that make this forum such a great one and the sledding area you represent one of the best in the world and keeps us coming back to ride every year!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work both behind the groomer controls and the keyboard, it is very much appreciated.

I am SURE that I posted on this here thread! :o:?::?:

I know that I asked if this Eagles thingy had gas. ???

I just rode the trail from Chapleau to Aubrey falls on Tuesday. It was completely packed and really smooth. The biggest issue was with the bush sticking through the trail. All of the water holes were frozen solid and there was excellent snow coverage the whole way. The trail is extremely hilly so there are alot of dips, but just a beautiful ride with great scenery.

Yeah Ox I too sometime Loose My Post but I think we Click the wrong Spot and it dont Post our message, It happend to me a Few times.

yeah I know Guys, you do Like them, But it Helps to have, "Hey Thanks for the Info" lol it makes it more fun to it lol

Sometimes well you will think that the Info was not Usefull so people had nothing to say and wasa waste of time. Oh well, I'm ok. lol

Hey Big Reg......Where that Hug? lol

:lol::lol::lol: i was thinking the same thing. or maybe alittle female companionship. maybe we should run him up to hearst to the queens? :geek::ugeek:

we riding this weekend? LOL! ski

Hey Ski, Yeah I'm Ok, What you said in your PM was Ok and youwhere Right, Wanted to reply but did not have time when I read it, but wanted to give a good Responce,.....but ran out of time.

Yeah Ox I too sometime Loose My Post but I think we Click the wrong Spot and it dont Post our message, It happend to me a Few times.

OK - so - Once aggin (threes a charm eh?)

Does this joint up on the N Corridor just down from Mooseland - called Eagles whatever - some Injun joint - Doo they have gas? :banghead::banghead:

MY recoil is dandy!

I made MINE inhouse and am currently in the prototype stages of marketing some soon I hope! (setting up to machine the fixturing today yet I hope.)

My boys recoil was the issue.

But he is sportin' my nice recoil now, and I'm now recoiless.

:argue:

Archived