"Official" Halfway Haven '09 Thread

Ox

Hi Guys!

Yesterdays riders, said Searchmont to Halfway trail good, but getting soft as warm weather is moving in. -6 C. here right now and to go up to 9. today, and tomorrow. Wawa trail rough, and of course also getting soft.

We still have lots of snow, but I'm watching my lawn furniture start to appear from under the snow depth, so I think we are loosing 4 to 6 inches a day!

Nevertheless, the March sun feels terrific on the body!!!!

Bye for now

Gail

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got this e-mail from a member here and thought that I would respond out in the open here:

Hey Ox,

You up there now?

I'm looking for on the ground info for trail conditions this coming weekend.

No - home now.

Groomer from Searchmont was up on Sat and back on Sunday. Trail is solid as a rock and he didn't git it glass smooth, but I don't think that it is too rough by any means.

We are on '02 Summits - so we are not sportin' the latest and greatest suspensions by eny means - and it didn't slow us up yet. Just choppy in the normall places is all...

I did not run anything from the Hydro line to Searchmont - but as that is all road - I would expect that all to be very good. (No start/stop, hard corners eh?)

I did not run north of Halfway at all. I have no idea what that was like - Not sure what Wawa is planning?

The trail should hold good for some time yet! There is a LOT of snow there - and it is well packed! The only limiting factor will be any plowed roads that you may hafta travel from point A to point B of course....

>>>>>>>NOTICE<<<<<<<

Steve and Gayle are expecting to bug-out again here for the month of April. Gunna try to git a break between the sledd'n rush and the begining of the ATV season. The joint will be closed! They are planning on puting up signs at both ends of the trail stating this fact, but better to be warned now.

So if you want to git eny spring ridin' in - and desire any services from them - you should plan to hit it the next cpl weekends - or buy an ATV. :wavey:

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, we still have snow, the trail is intact still (have to drive to the end of the Whitman Dam Rd., to the dump to start), have not seen sleds in 2 days, and it is raining as I type, so the snow is disiningrating. I do have a few guests booked on Sat., but I am sure that will be the end of the season------------so big news

HALFWAY HAVEN IS CLOSING MONDAY, MARCH 30TH--------------------The Bonnès intend to charge their personal batteries (that would be rest & relaxation & holidays with friends) and come back early MAY to begin our ATV season, with four Saturdays in May booked solid already!!!! Hoping we do not forget how to do our jobs on holidays!!

So DO NOT come tru after March 30th--------because NO GAS, NO FOOD, NO WORKERS HERE!!!!!!!!!

Bye for now!

Gail & Steve & Billie (the dog)

• 3 months later...

Summertime update:

May was swamped with ATV's. There are still ATV's commiong through - just not quite as frequently, but the loggers / road builders are keeping them busy currently.

Those few warm days a cpl weeks ago had every insect know to man (Except snow lice?) out and about, but that all went away with the warm weather.

Not much to say about trail conditions...

Just thought I'd post SOMETHING as the place is dead! :wavey:

Summertime update:

May was swamped with ATV's. There are still ATV's commiong through - just not quite as frequently, but the loggers / road builders are keeping them busy currently.

Those few warm days a cpl weeks ago had every insect know to man (Except snow lice?) out and about, but that all went away with the warm weather.

Not much to say about trail conditions...

Just thought I'd post SOMETHING as the place is dead! :wavey:

Thanks OX.. I hope you have a great summer!!!!!

Archived