Boxing Day ride out of Kirkland Lake........

RXWonder

We are doing our annual Boxing Day trip and the route is as follows:

Day 1 - Kirkland Lake to Hearst - "A" Trail

Day 2 - Hearst to Timmins - "A" trail to Smooth Rock then South to Timmins on "C"

Day 3 - Timmins to Kirkland Lake - "C" trail to L25 then over to A111C then catch the "A" south to KL

Anyone have any info on these trails........

The "A" trail between KL & Cochrane (heard some stuff about Val Gagne)

The "C" trail South to Smooth Rock (Piston Alley)

The L25 (feeder outside of Timmins)

The A111C

Can anyone comment on these sections? Much appreciated!

Merry Christmas!

Hey RX, where will you be staying while in Kirkland Lake? I'm heading up on Boxing Day and just doing day trips from the HOJO in KL. We will be there on Boxing Day and be returning home on the 30th. I sure hope the weatherman is wrong and all the rain/sleet and freezing rain will turn to snow by Saturday. Anyway we go to the FED in KL pretty much every night so if you are in town and stop by there I,m sure we will meet up with your group.

Have a great trip and Merry Christmas everyone!

Hey RX, where will you be staying while in Kirkland Lake? I'm heading up on Boxing Day and just doing day trips from the HOJO in KL. We will be there on Boxing Day and be returning home on the 30th. I sure hope the weatherman is wrong and all the rain/sleet and freezing rain will turn to snow by Saturday. Anyway we go to the FED in KL pretty much every night so if you are in town and stop by there I,m sure we will meet up with your group.

Have a great trip and Merry Christmas everyone!

Yeah we're staying there too. We'll probably roll in pretty late (after midnight) but that doesn't usually stop us from going pretty hard all night....usually stick around the hotel on the first night. There's 7 of us. (3 trucks / 3 double enclosed). Don't sweat it....'m not worried about the weather.....they can't predict what will happen today let alone 5 days from now. :coffeenose: Besides, these are the BEST Boxing Day conditions I've had in 10 years and we've never missed a year!!!

Feel free to stop in and ask for SIMMER.....

We are in KL now and heading out on the trails within the hour. I can let you know what the trails look like later.

If you see a couple old polaris touring sleds with oc.com stickers on the windshield that would be us.

Maybe see you around

Just checked a variety of sources and it looks as if all is ok. The only one left that I have no idea on is Val Gagne. Anyone here have any idea what's happening there? I heard that there was a washed out bridge that they are trying to re-build. Other than that everything looks like it's moving along nicely. Should be a good ride. :woot:

Gotta go....Santa's comin. Merry Christmas everyone :cheers:

I spoke with some people from the Kirkland trails system Yesterday and they had 2/3ds of there trails groomed but not all signed yet. I think most were to the north west . The A trail towards Elk lake was not going to be groomed until monday/tuesday. Just be careful on the trails and remember it is only Dec. and there will be some rocks/holes, caution areas to watch out for.. Plenty of good sledding ....just be cautious.

Ron

Archived