2 riders went through the ice?

pete/ny

A couple of our hometown boys here we are told went thru the ice either around Timmins or around Sportsmans Lodge.They were staying at 3 Bears Lodge. Heard they were OK but as of today the sleds were still sunken.1 of them a BN FCAT 1000! Just hearing bits and piecs as theyre there til midweek and the cells don't work up there. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks- there is a small article in the local Sudbury newspaper.Happened friday night on Lake Wahnapitae.Said they made it to the Sportsmans Lodge and no injuries.Glad they are all safe though.Just looking for info if they may need some help from back home.

Pete that lake is usually one of the last to stiffen up in the Sudbury area,good to here they are safe,if they went down on the east side getting the sled's out it can be done (sand bar's)if not goodluck that's one very deep pond.

Ya its deepest is only 466feet deep :lol:

good thing they are ok

BUT they must have had bad advice, as I would have never trusted that lake this time of the year :shock:

Ya its deepest is only 466feet deep :lol:

good thing they are ok

BUT they must have had bad advice, as I would have never trusted that lake this time of the year :shock:

Thanks guys- they all came home but the 2 sleds are still there.They are all OK though and accidents can happen.Not sure how the sleds are going to be retreived though.

I'm glad to here that they are OK. :D Keep us updated Pete :!::!: There are alot of us riding through there these days. Any idea what area of the lake they were on.

my first trip up that way several years back, one of the locals told me even when they say that lake is safe, stay off it. He said at places there is well over 300 feet of water. My answer...I cant swim and neither can my sled. I took his advice. Glad to hear those guys made it out.

They were up by the north river. Two machines went in and the third just made it back. Of the two that went in one guy got a foot wet nothing else. Lucky or what.

This is all just hear say from a reliable source.

Canadianlad- Yes all we have heard here has been hearsay also but I will hear the real story later.We did hear that 2 of the machines were still up there.

my first trip up that way several years back, one of the locals told me even when they say that lake is safe, stay off it. He said at places there is well over 300 feet of water. My answer...I cant swim and neither can my sled. I took his advice. Glad to hear those guys made it out.

Is 300 deadlier than 30? :?:

Is 300 deadlier than 30? :?:

Just further down to dive and get it pulled out :P

MAN MADE REEF!

Great news good thing only that deep as mentioned earlier some holes are 450+feet deep :o

How exactly do you pull a sled out of the water with an argo and a flat bottom boat??? :?

How exactly do you pull a sled out of the water with an argo and a flat bottom boat??? :?

Domino- No clue, just passing on what was told us today.We heard that the sled is marked and they are working on getting them out.Wished we were closer to try aand help them out but we heard they have it under control.

I can almost guaranty it was NOT staked yet

It does get staked but the ice was slow to form

We are just starting to stake the smaller lakes

The lake was not satked nor is it yet. The lake was wide open last week except for a few bays. There is ice on it now and shortly it willl be OK as it freezes quickly. This is not a lake you want to take chances on and every year some one does. The only way to get the sled out is divers and the owner has to do it. Not even sure if insurance will cover it.

Archived