Gowganda/Elk Lake/ Matachewan Trails Update

Gowganda Lake Camp

="Evil

It's snowing here today...........errrr! :angry:

I've had enough of the snow, itching to get my new bike out! :P

Snow in both front & back yards...........kids will be good on the mini-z for at least another 2 weeks! Only calling for a high here of 3 degrees max in ten days or so.

Never thought I'd say this, but please make it go away! :banghead

What kind of bike did you get??

Looks like you may have to stud the tires :)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
="Evil

Snow in both front & back yards...........kids will be good on the mini-z for at least another 2 weeks! Only calling for a high here of 3 degrees max in ten days or so.

2008 GSXR 600 snowed last night again............ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :banghead:

snowed last night again............ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :banghead:

You know, there was a time when 'not worshiping" snow was frowned upon :lol:

Have a great summer.

(ps - Toronto riders were out last weekend. I did the math - end of March to end of October is a long riding season. About 7 months. Something to consider....)

snowed last night again............ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :banghead:

You know, there was a time when 'not worshiping" snow was frowned upon :lol:

Have a great summer.

(ps - Toronto riders were out last weekend. I did the math - end of March to end of October is a long riding season. About 7 months. Something to consider....)

Ya, I know! Never thought I'd be saying that either, but I traded in my other bike in December and bought this one, it's been sitting in my garage..................................so I'm anxious!! :P

="Evil

2008 GSXR 600 snowed last night again............ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :banghead:

Nice bike!!!

Took down trail signs bewtween Long point and Elk Lake today on the A107c... I was a little hesitant as the weather man was predicting 25 mm of rain, but I wanted to get it done before we had too much rain as that section has many creeks and small rivers etc... When I started out there was ice pellets falling so I figured the rain was coming soon.. 5 minutes out it turned to snow and snow and snow!!! It turned out to be one of the nicest rides of the year.. the trail was still awesome and on the way back all of the trees were blanketed in white and the snow was still pounding down... Still saying rain but looks like snow coming down out there to me...

Looks like we might be ice fishing for may long weekend!!! :lol:

Ron

Make it go away! :banghead:

Snowed again last night, the grass that was showing is now white again! :angry:

Please make it go away!!! :D

Snowed here for almost two days solid..... Just when you thought spring was coming... actually I did see a robin today... Crazy bird

53_ab1f1865358708e98e21597fc102d25b

262_0d31f842ef3b47f27d7b326e21b8f803

Trail update March 10

Trails are still in very good condition. We groomed the "A" trail through Elk lake last night but are holding off now until after this latest front goes through. Freezing rain changing to snow tomorrow followed by cold temps and high winds..

http://www.accuweather.com/canada-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=P0J%201J0&metric=1&set=1

Depending on when the wind dies down we will start grooming either wed , or thurs night.

Will update again by thursday.

Ron

I'm sorry you have that band of reprobates there this week.

Stay out grooming as long as you can and Hide the DucKTape :shock::o:shock:

Duck tape?

Is there something I should know!! :?

For the Love of God, Ron; this is like looking over your shoulder or opening the door in a Horror Movie. Stop asking Questions !!!

Hide The DucKTape !! Send Giselle and the Boys out of town. Lock up the Store. Get in the Groomer and stay out on the trails till they check out Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!

GO :!::shock::o:shock:

:rotflmao: Well they survived your stay :poke: so they so be okay with this group. I would say they are "seasoned" hosts now!

Yes ... but there is one that has not been the same ever since he left..

[attachment=0]image001.jpg[/attachment]

Finally :!: Photographic evidence of the types of things that go on at QGLC !

When you check in and find this on your cabin wall :shock:

Ron is a hell of a funny guy :lol:

EA-09362.jpg

Snowed here for almost two days solid..... Just when you thought spring was coming... actually I did see a robin today... Crazy bird

[attachment=1]100_0702 (Large) (Medium).JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]100_0706 (Large) (Medium).JPG[/attachment]

Great pics! Love the snowman!! :P

Here's a nice pic of what you have to look forward to for all your hard work this winter. :wavey:

This pic of my bike is at the back of your store before you owned it.

f662.jpg

For all you bikers,the road up there is awesome,maybe we could get a group ride together this summer??Ride up and stay at camp,do some local touring!! :woot::woot:

And I'm not going to carry everybody's beer up!! :rotflmao:

Any why not? :wtf:

Good thing for you, Ron sells beer!

:P

make it centrally located so others can join in. hint, hint. ski

make it centrally located so others can join in. hint, hint. ski

Not too far from the Soo.But we can always make our way up to the Montreal River,over to Hornepayne+up to Hearst,then Smooth Rock down to Timmins over to the camp!!

Will that work for Eric :wtf::wavey:

:woot::woot:

yes it will, or we can meet somewhere north and east of the soo. we could come up 129 to chapleau, then 101 to timmins or where ever. we will trailer to the soo more than likely. pray for nice dry warm weather. i melt in the rain, i am made of sugar. here's snobuny and i on our ride around lake superior last year. we really need to start a new thread. LOL! total threadjack in progress. LOL! ski

92_d5cec059f259f1cb787904c2abfc08c0

yes it will, or we can meet somewhere north and east of the soo. we could come up 129 to chapleau, then 101 to timmins or where ever. we will trailer to the soo more than likely. pray for nice dry warm weather. i melt in the rain, i am made of sugar. here's snobuny and i on our ride around lake superior last year. we really need to start a new thread. LOL! total threadjack in progress. LOL! ski

Great pic!!

Here's a nice pic of what you have to look forward to for all your hard work this winter. :wavey:

This pic of my bike is at the back of your store before you owned it.

f662.jpg

For all you bikers,the road up there is awesome,maybe we could get a group ride together this summer??Ride up and stay at camp,do some local touring!! :woot::woot:

That would be awesome.. My brother has done that with a group from down by Windsor for three years now.. Hopefully we get a nice warm (dry) summer this year. The lake finally had a little water on the ice starting yesterday. Still about 3 ft thick so it will be a couple of days before we get the boats back in.. :)

Archived