Abitibi Canyon....When???

smoothrider

We will probably have enough snow for decent riding by then although nothing is happening with the trails right now. We have about a foot on the ground now and the rivers are starting to freeze up. Give me a call when the time gets closer and i will let you know what is going on.

• 1 month later...
We change our plan because of the rain....Maybe in the middle of January!

Were is Lillabelle Lodge? Is it the base camp about 1 miles of the hydro dam?

Hey Smoothride.. Lillabelle Lodge is on Cochrane, a favorite place of many oc.com riders and a forum sponsor for many years.. You will enjoy your stay there, the hosts are the best!!!

I know Bill, i discovered the canyon with him in 2004...And now it's one of my favorite destination!In northern Quebes there's a lot of great groomed trail but i'm a backcountry sledder and there's only flatland here!The canyon is not so high but every ''hole'' is technical!

We were up to Fraserdale yesterday and did the signage for 65KM of the trail heading south to Cochrane. Smooth Rock Falls is still listing their side of the trail as closed on the OFSC web site but the groomer has been to Fraserdale twice so it is probably listed as closed due to signage or something like that.

How is Opasatika right now. I understand it was impassable earlier.

As of yesterday 1/12/09 the trails through there were listed as open on the OFSC site.

Thanks sinjin. Haven't checked there since friday :wavey:

Archived