Linq gas can - ski doo summer sales?

ecarnell

On 5/18/2023 at 11:05 AM, scottyr said:

Getting off topic, but I sure wish that BRP would make a STACKABLE oil caddy that was about 4-6L.     I would love to be able to carry a 4L oil can that I could put a bag on top of.    

They do make one   

unfortunately no bag on top   But stacks on fuel caddy  

https://www.energypowersports.ca/en/product/linq-oil-caddy-1-gallon/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5abE3rCG_wIV7wizAB2GzgdfEAQYCCABEgIiCvD_BwE

On 5/21/2023 at 8:13 AM, Sksman said:

They do make one   

unfortunately no bag on top   But stacks on fuel caddy  

https://www.energypowersports.ca/en/product/linq-oil-caddy-1-gallon/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5abE3rCG_wIV7wizAB2GzgdfEAQYCCABEgIiCvD_BwE

I am well aware of that oil can.   I really wish they designed it so you could stack a bag on top of it.

On 5/18/2023 at 9:56 PM, ecarnell said:

I’m aware of the current options - I was saying if they came out with a modified / reinforced small 1 gallon oil caddy that you “could” stack another linq on top  of - I would do a 1 gallon caddy on top of it.

don’t need 4 gallons of oil - 4 l (1 gallon) of oil plus a couple 1 l bottles under the seat will get two sleds for a couple day 1200km tour is all I need.

Or maybe a split gas/oil can - I’m guessing you won’t see a stackable fuel or oil caddy. 

You can carry 4 quarts of oil under the seat of the Matryx, the other thing we’ve done on saddlebag trips when needing to carry more than that is put a gallon of oil in a knapsack and fasten  it between the gas caddy and a linq bag behind it. We are able to run the straps around the linq back then use Rox straps to tighten it all down. I’ll see if I can find a pic. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 3:21 PM, 1049 said:

That’s what I do I’m usually carrying oil for two sleds . I can also get a 4 litre jug in the small bag behind the seat I just all ways make sure I tape the lid on really well

Are you saying you carry it in the container it comes with but then tape the lid? I'm always scared those containers won't hold up. Ive used the MER 30 oz fuel cans, but they are pricey and I don't like that the cap is horizontal when you store in the sled. Seems like it's just one user error away from making a big mess that way...

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Are you saying you carry it in the container it comes with but then tape the lid? I'm always scared those containers won't hold up. Ive used the MER 30 oz fuel cans, but they are pricey and I don't like that the cap is horizontal when you store in the sled. Seems like it's just one user error away from making a big mess that way...

Yes I do . I have been doing it since I bought my first 850 in 2019 never had a problem it usual gets dumped after the first day . I don’t open it till it will all fit in the 2 sleds I guess that’s the benefit of a 850 doo your not long going though 4 litres of oil lol

When I ran the two smoke I did the same, bought the one litre containers, taped lids and waited until sled took full litre to use entire container - never had an issue. 
One litre containers also packed better too. 

12 hours ago, Hoosier said:

It’s easier to just mail oil out to hotel or resorts you are staying at ahead of time.   Then it be there when you arrive 😎

I have 5 4 lire jugs of XPS full synthetic if anyone needs it. I will give good OC discount.

Apparently I have gone full senior citizen and just realized i dont need them

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seen this posted on Fb yesterday 

IMG_4275.png

• 2 months later...
On 5/15/2023 at 12:48 PM, 04nightfire said:

I'd keep an eye on Energy Powersports, FB marketplace and Factory Recreation

Where I've found the best prices on BRP fuel tanks.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just saw this super deal and remembered this thread ... $209.00 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00AKANIPY/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A2HZV2517OAWCJ&psc=1

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 7:48 AM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Apparently I have gone full senior citizen and just realized i dont need them

Driving your snowmobile in Florida, again?