more snow coming, get your last kick at the can

skidooboy

Another decent snow event rolling through the UP of Michigan, and Soo area, heading east. get it while you can. on my way up... I may stay through the week after easter. time to explore, and fish. Ski

• Like 6

5 hours ago, skidooboy said:

Another decent snow event rolling through the UP of Michigan, and Soo area, heading east. get it while you can. on my way up... I may stay through the week after easter. time to explore, and fish. Ski

I agree. Still good snow to get out and explore. It looks like we will be in the field here Easter weekend. First N on wheat and then who knows. If it was wet Iā€™d be up in the bush. Have fun and post pics šŸ˜€

Calling for 20 to 30 cm here in sudbury

• Like 1

We leave Monday afternoon for Auld Reekie. Doing 3 days of backcountry and some trails in the Gowganda area.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Yamatario said:

We leave Monday afternoon for Auld Reekie. Doing 3 days of backcountry and some trails in the Gowganda area.

We have had a blast over the years riding back country in the Gowganda area ,awesome on the side by sides too ,endless trailsĀ 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

You get that new engine to bar yet šŸ˜Ž

Couple times

• Like 1

We got 6" so far and still coming down.

• Like 3

Iā€™m off Sunday and Monday if anyone is interested in riding for a couple days. Pm me

• Like 2

11 hours ago, signfan said:

How long into April will the STP groomers run if the snow holds?

I think it depends what the landowner use agreements say.Ā 

Fingers crossed, going to run up to Sudbury tomorrow for the day, last ride. I see Rocky's is closed, maybe head to River Valley for food,

unless someone has any suggestions?

The long range looks like Friday is the last day with below zero temps.Ā  Ā  Even in Cochrane, its ranging from +7-9c every day from Sat onwards.Ā  Ā 

Ā 

The trails will close quickly once the creeks start to break up.Ā Ā 

1 hour ago, oldslowsledder said:

Fingers crossed, going to run up to Sudbury tomorrow for the day, last ride. I see Rocky's is closed, maybe head to River Valley for food,

unless someone has any suggestions?

Have fun! We stopped for pie in Cartier at Kelly's Diner and it was excellent. They have gas too.Ā 

• Like 1

Timmins says they got too much wet snow and cannot groom. Ā WTFĀ  Who elso in the that area got too much snow?

wet snow, and warm temps, will do more damage than good on the trails. gotta wait for temps to cooperate, to do any good. Ski

3 hours ago, scottyr said:

The long range looks like Friday is the last day with below zero temps.Ā  Ā  Even in Cochrane, its ranging from +7-9c every day from Sat onwards.Ā  Ā 

Ā 

The trails will close quickly once the creeks start to break up.Ā Ā 

day time highs and full sun will hurt no doubt but, night time temps below freezing will help. there will be riding up there until at least the 16th, or longer, if more snow falls. just spring riding, with a bit of water, dirt, and bare towns. might have to trailer out past the worse spots.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

it is going last to be able to fish a few days before the walleye closure on the 14th, by us. Ski

2 hours ago, signfan said:

Have the Sudbury groomers been rolling since the weekend storm?

Yes

• Thanks 1

^^ cedar meadows?