North bay to Temagami

andreyboater

Hi sleders, we are planning 3 days trip next weekend Sudbury, Temagami, Gowganda, Sudbury and I wonder if anybody ride that section recently It's road run around 5km  is it rideable? Can't expect too much late spring, but don't want to say bye my skies and sliders. Thanks

Screenshot_20230320_103932_Go Snowmobiling Ontario!.jpg

• andreyboater changed the title to North bay to Temagami

From North Bay Snowmobile  Club Facebook page just now: (They groom to Temagami)

We are coming the the end of the season soon. We have started to move our groomers back to their “summer homes”. Rain is coming this week & our goal if possible is to keep the trails open till the end of the weekend. We will advise if this changes, so I wouldn’t make any definite plans for NBSC trails.
It is the 1st day of spring & we all know it’s coming to an end here, but if you still have that itch to ride I’m sure the gang father north will be happy to see you for a little longer.
Please refer to the ITG for up to date trail status.

• Thanks 1

Plan was changed and we  just ride from Sudbury to Gowganda and Elk lake. Awesome all the way up and back. Looks like it should be great for this week as well a lot of snow up there.

20230324_122745.jpg

20230324_153528.jpg

20230325_100508.jpg

20230325_105640.jpg

20230325_115824.jpg

20230326_072019.jpg

20230326_074621.jpg

20230326_085443.jpg

20230326_090103.jpg

20230326_091149.jpg

20230326_095433.jpg

20230326_100829.jpg

20230326_113430.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Any road running on that run?  Looking at this weekend and debating what to do.  Was thinking Kirkland Lake, but hotels are filled with kids sport teams.  Maybe Elk Lake.  Didn't know if Sudbury would be too far south to start.

1 hour ago, signfan said:

Any road running on that run?  Looking at this weekend and debating what to do.  Was thinking Kirkland Lake, but hotels are filled with kids sport teams.  Maybe Elk Lake.  Didn't know if Sudbury would be too far south to start.

Small section left and right from Gowganda but nothing major 

Lots of snow left in the north end of sudbury

10 hours ago, signfan said:

From the reports I’ve seen… things look dam near mid season Elk Lake area! Can’t beat staying/staging from elk lake wilderness resort! 

How far north?  Can I unloaded at the STP yard?  Or need to be further north?   Forecast is rain Friday for Sudbury.  If that changes its definitely a contender.

I was looking at the eco centre if going to Elk Lake.  Is it decent?

5 hours ago, signfan said:

How far north?  Can I unloaded at the STP yard?  Or need to be further north?   Forecast is rain Friday for Sudbury.  If that changes its definitely a contender.

STP yard that where we are started 

7 hours ago, signfan said:

Stp yard will get you north