Cell Phone Lost on D Trail

tricky

My riding buddy, Malcolm, lost his black Samsung phone Thursday afternoon, March 9, somewhere on the D trail between River Valley and the A trail (highway 11). He had the phone in his pocket when we left the restaurant in River Valley, but he didn't zip up the pocket and the phone was gone when we stopped at the A trail intersection. We thought he had left it at the restaurant, but they said later that it wasn't left behind. We went back to re-ride the trail today, but it had been groomed over night, a good thing generally. Hoping someone found the phone before it got groomed. If you hear of this phone, please contact me here, or Rick at 905-878-4439. Thanks.

This has been a good reminder to back up your files regularly!

Took six days, in which time a new phone was purchased and activated, but there has been a development in the 'missing' phone case. Seems there has been a senior's moment involved. Last week was my buddy's first ride on his new-to-him Skidoo which came with a different Linq tail bag than he had on his previous sled. Seems this new bag has a small zipped compartment on the underside of the lid. That is where he found his phone today, hidden by a spare balaclava. And my wife thinks I am bad when I 'lose' a pair of drug-store reading glasses for a day or two. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

• 2 weeks later...

Shows how important to develop a pattern prior to riding. Always put your equipment (phones, glasses, keys) in the same pocket or compartment each and every time. Also get in the habit to always close your bags immediately after getting out what you need. It has taken me a few season to perfect the location of all my stuff.

Jerry

• Like 5

9 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

Shows how important to develop a pattern prior to riding. Always put your equipment (phones, glasses, keys) in the same pocket or compartment each and every time. Also get in the habit to always close your bags immediately after getting out what you need. It has taken me a few season to perfect the location of all my stuff.

Jerry

Right on. My bibs have a pocket on the front of both legs just above the knees. Wallet goes in left and phone in right. I always close the zippers when they go in and when I sit down onto the sled I reach down and feel for both before lift off.

• Like 2

My favourite is when im riding down the trail, got the brp app running on the phone in the glovebox and i start looking for my phone in my pocket. Hey dummy you're looking right at it! Lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

My favourite is when im riding down the trail, got the brp app running on the phone in the glovebox and i start looking for my phone in my pocket. Hey dummy you're looking right at it! Lol

So true. Hate to admit that I have done the same on more than 1 occasion!