2024 polaris

wrightonalan

3 hours ago, Baylaker said:

If your hesitant on going back to a 2 stroke, you need to try the new Polaris matryx chassis if you haven’t already. I’ve never been a Polaris guy and most of my sledding has been on Yamaha 4strokes, but I always have an open mind towards other brands. I did try a skidoo 850 about 4yrs ago but found the front end way too twitchy, far from planted, so I sold it after 450kms. 

Polaris chassis really is incredible though. Exact same planted feel as my viper, and the wife loved it too! This is why when the time comes, the wife will be getting a 650. Once I decide to upgrade from my viper, I’m seriously considering going back to a 2 stroke. 
If Polaris puts a turbo on the S4, which I think they will, I will opt for it instead over the 2stroke.
The 2 stroke is very playful, felt like riding my old yzf 250, and very planted….and the 650 has more than enough power.

EDIT:

I just finished reading your post above, if it’s about wants, maybe the 850 Polaris turbo would be something to consider. You’ll get the planted feel, and lots of power.

Priced out Polaris adventure last night, with two up seat, 7s guage,  mid height windshield, 15x136” ice ripper track and couple other goodies came to 21300 plus, freight and pdi 😳. This would be my primary sled that wife could ride by herself and kido coukd come with me on  doo. I really do like Polaris and have owned brand in 1980’s and 1990’s and 2000’s too. We always had one Polaris in fleet until 2017 when we switched to all doo. 
2019 I sold 2012 doo and haven’t replaced it yet. 

29 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Priced out Polaris adventure last night, with two up seat, 7s guage,  mid height windshield, 15x136” ice ripper track and couple other goodies came to 21300 plus, freight and pdi 😳. This would be my primary sled that wife could ride by herself and kido coukd come with me on  doo. I really do like Polaris and have owned brand in 1980’s and 1990’s and 2000’s too. We always had one Polaris in fleet until 2017 when we switched to all doo. 
2019 I sold 2012 doo and haven’t replaced it yet. 

Ya the adventures models are priced a little higher. The Indy SP 650 is the entry level priced full size sled. I priced a 650 XC 137” the other night (and believe me, I wanted to send it!) 7S, and all the other goodies and it came out to $18,665+++

I figured since last year my quote came out to just under $18k for the Indy SP 650, (that we decided to back out on) that to go the next package up to get all QS3 shocks, 7S display, 1.35” track and some colour options would be worth the extra $3500 or so the next time we order. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Baylaker said:

If your hesitant on going back to a 2 stroke, you need to try the new Polaris matryx chassis if you haven’t already. I’ve never been a Polaris guy and most of my sledding has been on Yamaha 4strokes, but I always have an open mind towards other brands. I did try a skidoo 850 about 4yrs ago but found the front end way too twitchy, far from planted, so I sold it after 450kms. 

Polaris chassis really is incredible though. Exact same planted feel as my viper, and the wife loved it too! This is why when the time comes, the wife will be getting a 650. Once I decide to upgrade from my viper, I’m seriously considering going back to a 2 stroke. 
If Polaris puts a turbo on the S4, which I think they will, I will opt for it instead over the 2stroke.
The 2 stroke is very playful, felt like riding my old yzf 250, and very planted….and the 650 has more than enough power.

EDIT:

I just finished reading your post above, if it’s about wants, maybe the 850 Polaris turbo would be something to consider. You’ll get the planted feel, and lots of power.

I have zero interest in going back to 2-strokes. Don't want the oil or the worry when miles stack up. Hoping to ride this next sled more than the Cat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I have zero interest in going back to 2-strokes. Don't want the oil or the worry when miles stack up. Hoping to ride this next sled more than the Cat.

Oil easy today. Just fed x or Amazon deliveries ahead of time to each resort 😎.  
Engines last well today. Engine last thing I worry about really.  Drive bearings and clutch usually go before an engine. 4 stroke have to rebuilt those items too. 

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I can understand this. There's an underlying concern with a 2 stroke, you just never know. Never really thought about it

until I bought the Mach, just gas and go. I think if Polaris sticks a small turbo on their S4 they will have a real winner, I would check it out for sure. Just have to keep the prices reasonable  🤞 

• Like 2

Its the resale on the 2 strokes that u take a beating on. If u pile on the km's and you run out of warranty, the value drops alot more than a 4stroke and then your new one costs way more. I love my Blizzard but its got over 6k kms on it now and 1 season of warranty left. Still decent resale. If i keep it another season it'll have 10-12k kms on it with no warranty left for a third season and new prospective owner. I've been pricing out a new n/a 900 just based on the resale benefits.  

• Like 5

i think your 600 would have decent resale but the 850 ,thats a whole different ball game .i bought a 4 stroke last time to keep forever lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

Its the resale on the 2 strokes that u take a beating on. If u pile on the km's and you run out of warranty, the value drops alot more than a 4stroke and then your new one costs way more. I love my Blizzard but its got over 6k kms on it now and 1 season of warranty left. Still decent resale. If i keep it another season it'll have 10-12k kms on it with no warranty left for a third season and new prospective owner. I've been pricing out a new n/a 900 just based on the resale benefits.  

My last 2 stroke, I paid $11k for it. Sold it 4 years later with 11k kms on it, no warranty, got $4500 and I was hard pressed to find a buyer. Not doing that again.

I didn't want to keep it because I felt like I could no longer trust it to go on trips.

Oh course, the next sled I bought was the 2010 1200 Doo and I melted that motor down into a pile of goo in less than 10k kms.....:rotflmao:   Sold the chassis for $3000 though.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

That’s exactly what Im up against . I try not to put over 6000 Km a year been buying new ones every year but it’s getting harder to move them. Going to try it one more time and see how it goes. My wife asked me this morning if I wanted to go back up as much as I would like to it’s time to pull the plug for the year 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The 4 stroke’s definitely hold their value much better, no question. Especially the Yamahas.

My wife would only put on about 1000-1500kms per season. So that would last her for quite some time. 
If it needed a rebuild around the 15,000km mark, I wouldn’t mind spending it to go another 15 or so. 

On 3/17/2023 at 10:44 PM, Strong Farmer said:

Shame on skidoo. Speedo should be accurate in this day of age. Others say they are off by up to 20 km/hour compared to gps. Maybe skidoo does it so people hit 10,000 km’s faster and trade back in. 

Funny thing is that the odometers are really close to accurate.    I did a 1200km run to Quebec a few weeks ago and my GPS and odometer were within 5 kms at the end of the trip.  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Oil easy today. Just fed x or Amazon deliveries ahead of time to each resort 😎.  
Engines last well today. Engine last thing I worry about really.  Drive bearings and clutch usually go before an engine. 4 stroke have to rebuilt those items too. 

You should do some research on engine reliability. Here's a quote from Jackstraw on QR of late:    "2 blocks on the mach Z not including the original in 16,000 miles".   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2023 at 7:43 PM, Strong Farmer said:

A good dialed in 900 will do 163 km/hr wide open. 137” track, no turbo. Did a run last week and that’s what I got. 

9DCCFFBA-FDC3-4436-9827-96A99A9CEC24.jpeg

On 3/17/2023 at 8:21 PM, WinderFab said:

That’s not accurate.. run with a gps and see the difference.. 

On 3/17/2023 at 10:44 PM, Strong Farmer said:

Shame on skidoo. Speedo should be accurate in this day of age. Others say they are off by up to 20 km/hour compared to gps. Maybe skidoo does it so people hit 10,000 km’s faster and trade back in. 

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

Funny thing is that the odometers are really close to accurate.    I did a 1200km run to Quebec a few weeks ago and my GPS and odometer were within 5 kms at the end of the trip.  

That sled was on a track stand to record that    I had 2 of those motors and I know what they do and they dont doooo that  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4