2024 polaris

wrightonalan

23 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Great sled for Quebec where speed limit is 70. Can you just imagine riding the trail from LSQ to Chibougamau with a 70 KPH sled or the C trail from SRF to Timmins.

Lol, well you sure wouldn’t cover as much ground in same period!

70 mph isn't right.  That's only 112 km/h.  Top speed I've seen on my 2014 900 ace (90 hp version) is 140 km/h.  Slightly less in worse conditions.  They're equivalent to a 500 cc 2 stroke all day long.  Maybe a touch better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soupkids said:

Had a demo 4s yesterday, top speed is about 70, lots of low end power

That’s my 900 ace wide open. It’s a 137 grand touring SE with abit of clutch work.  If it’s only getting 70 must be somthing wrong with coil pack. Happened to this machine too under warranty. Run neck to neck with a 600 etec 😎

601D8485-27A3-4E43-8CE2-E04BC468663B.jpeg

That 4S should do minimum 90mph. Something had to be wrong with that sled you demoed @soupkids

On 3/11/2023 at 6:21 AM, Strong Farmer said:

900 ok it lacks fun top end though that other motors have. 130 hp ace turbo looks like way to go if you stay with a four stroke snowmobile. 

I think the viper is a way better option. The cat handles better and no Turbo.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

If I had FU money, I'd be checking this

Me too..I would put it up on a shelf beside my 1980..loved that sled..It would handle any sled top end..That is until up in Durham one weekend,and got run down by the Durham OPP.Didn't realize that Polaris made a sled with one of those extra cylinder things,,🤔..when he got me stopped,I said wha  the Hellll is that..he replied,thats for aaasshh......like you😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, stoney said:

Rumour going around that @Blackstar has some of that FU money....might hear some reviews and see some pics next year .... lol

From my understanding,there are only roughly 100 units coming to canada..don't actually know if this is so?Would make it tough to get your hands on for sure..

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

You have FU money - get on it! :)

16 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

You have FU money - get on it! :)

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016 - Find & Share on GIPHY

41 minutes ago, stoney said:

Rumour going around that @Blackstar has some of that FU money....might hear some reviews and see some pics next year .... lol

LOL.  I will be impatiently waiting on his review

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

Wow, that is beautiful!!!

39 minutes ago, signfan said:

It's the same sled Yamaha has had for the last 5 plus years with gold paint.  I must be missing something here??

Exactly, when the guy in the video has nothing good to say except for how “dialed” the gold paint looks on the spindle….🤷🏼‍♂️

viper is also the same as the past few years…. $3k more (basically gouging their clients) over last years price for a new sticker package.

I love my Yamaha’s and now on my 3rd viper in the cat chassis, but my money will be going elsewhere when the time comes for new sleds. I realize prices are crazy on everything right now, but the doo & poo are at least being fair with their price increases. That’s just what I’ve noticed. 
650 Indy SP is $500 more than last year…exact same sled. 
Doo & Poo have gone up around $500-$1000 over last years pricing.
Yamaha is gouging, and I don’t like it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stoney said:

whoaaa. I’m just a working grunt. Make my living with a shovel and a wheel barrow. And I got a woman in Florida and a child in my basement I’m supporting…lol

The sled is sexy. No doubt. I looked at the specs and I’m a bit disappointed that this thing has a 33.6 litre fuel tank. Really?

That has to put fuel range well under 200 kms. It needs a new gauge package and track options. Where are the smart shocks?

Even with the disappointments, it’s still the best looking sled on snow, just like the red/white and Blue/white editions.

I seen an ad where a dealer was offering these for $24500. That helps. I haven’t made the call to my dealer for a price quote. But in the end I think I’m going back to Doo and probably lightly used.

I passed on a ‘22 Renegade X 900 R last week at $15500. 4800 kms was too high for my next ride.

Another thought thrown in to the mix. My buddy who’s been riding my back up sleds for 12 years since getting out of the sport called today to say that ride yesterday has convinced him to get back in. He’s disgusted with the prices but he’s shopping…..lol

He’s talking trips next winter since I won’t be working and neither will he. Could means big miles.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Exactly, when the guy in the video has nothing good to say except for how “dialed” the gold paint looks on the spindle….🤷🏼‍♂️

viper is also the same as the past few years…. $3k more (basically gouging their clients) over last years price for a new sticker package.

I love my Yamaha’s and now on my 3rd viper in the cat chassis, but my money will be going elsewhere when the time comes for new sleds. I realize prices are crazy on everything right now, but the doo & poo are at least being fair with their price increases. That’s just what I’ve noticed. 
650 Indy SP is $500 more than last year…exact same sled. 
Doo & Poo have gone up around $500-$1000 over last years pricing.
Yamaha is gouging, and I don’t like it. 

You just want to be kissed first. Your momma brought you up proper!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, stonehaven said:

Wow, that is beautiful!!!

Yes, but.....It might work on a few buyers, but most want more than BNG for that price. To each his own.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

whoaaa. I’m just a working grunt. Make my living with a shovel and a wheel barrow. And I got a woman in Florida and a child in my basement I’m supporting…lol

The sled is sexy. No doubt. I looked at the specs and I’m a bit disappointed that this thing has a 33.6 litre fuel tank. Really?

That has to put fuel range well under 200 kms. It needs a new gauge package and track options. Where are the smart shocks?

Even with the disappointments, it’s still the best looking sled on snow, just like the red/white and Blue/white editions.

I seen an ad where a dealer was offering these for $24500. That helps. I haven’t made the call to my dealer for a price quote. But in the end I think I’m going back to Doo and probably lightly used.

I passed on a ‘22 Renegade X 900 R last week at $15500. 4800 kms was too high for my next ride.

Another thought thrown in to the mix. My buddy who’s been riding my back up sleds for 12 years since getting out of the sport called today to say that ride yesterday has convinced him to get back in. He’s disgusted with the prices but he’s shopping…..lol

He’s talking trips next winter since I won’t be working and neither will he. Could means big miles.

The Doo 900 is a nice sled and a very comfortable ride with lots of options and accessories, don’t think you’ll be disappointed other than maybe a lack of power that the Yamicat has. 
Next year is looking promising too!!

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That was my buddys sled for sale in Stratford.    It was a nice sled with another year of warranty still on it.    He sold it for $14500.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, scottyr said:

That was my buddys sled for sale in Stratford.    It was a nice sled with another year of warranty still on it.    He sold it for $14500.   

Good deal.

10 hours ago, stoney said:

The Doo 900 is a nice sled and a very comfortable ride with lots of options and accessories, don’t think you’ll be disappointed other than maybe a lack of power that the Yamicat has. 
Next year is looking promising too!!

I had some issues with the Mach Z last year but the dealer upgrades straightened them out, can't even imagine what a Yamacat would be like for power. Let the son

give it a run to see what it would do, this is what 'Dreamometer' says

Mach.thumb.jpg.1b648c4c594a8d83258f71ae39f319d7.jpg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

I had some issues with the Mach Z last year but the dealer upgrades straightened them out, can't even imagine what a Yamacat would be like for power. Let the son

give it a run to see what it would do, this is what 'Dreamometer' says

Mach.thumb.jpg.1b648c4c594a8d83258f71ae39f319d7.jpg

Good to see the bugs were worked out!

For me and IMO, the extra power & CC that the 998 has does not offset the pluses the Doo has over it.

Only place the 998 has the advantage is lakes, long straight trail runs (but you have to be crazy to stretch its legs there) and bragging rights for more power, if that is your thing......of course the options for bigger tunes too.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, stoney said:

Good to see the bugs were worked out!

For me and IMO, the extra power & CC that the 998 has does not offset the pluses the Doo has over it.

Only place the 998 has the advantage is lakes, long straight trail runs (but you have to be crazy to stretch its legs there) and bragging rights for more power, if that is your thing......of course the options for bigger tunes too.

The 998 is truly a thing of beauty, but like you said, you kinda have to be crazy to stretch it’s legs. I know when I have my viper maxed out (which is rare) across a lake at 150-160km/hr, that’s plenty fast for me lol. I have no desire to go faster! That’s just me though. 
I can only imagine WOT on a turbo 998.

I tried one years ago for a very short distance and the power was incredible, it felt so good, but I certainly don’t need or want it. 
And to think some guys are tuning them to 300+Hp for the trail blows my mind. It’s partly a status thing…or just money to burn. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

The 998 is truly a thing of beauty, but like you said, you kinda have to be crazy to stretch it’s legs. I know when I have my viper maxed out (which is rare) across a lake at 150-160km/hr, that’s plenty fast for me lol. I have no desire to go faster! That’s just me though. 
I can only imagine WOT on a turbo 998.

I tried one years ago for a very short distance and the power was incredible, it felt so good, but I certainly don’t need or want it. 
And to think some guys are tuning them to 300+Hp for the trail blows my mind. It’s partly a status thing…or just money to burn. 

My brother has a tuned 998 to somewhere in the 275ish, it’s fast no doubt, I rode it as well and I come from cats, all 2 stroke, but I was happy to jump back on my 900. 

We rode plenty of fast QC trails and depending on the trail we were on, I’m good running max 140 to 160 in certain conditions, don’t need more personally at the top end. 
Down low, I don’t think the 998 has an advantage over the 900.