2024 polaris

wrightonalan

nice looking line up ,no turbo 4 stroke but a new 9r engine in mountain sleds .they have one upped skidoo 2 years in a row now .i like some of the new color combos too.im still a skidoo guy but polaris is a close second ,what do you guys think .

That was exactly my thoughts, it was a boring release compared to last year. No turbo 4 stroke. The 9R was introduced last year was it not? 
I do think that 9R Khaos color combo is pretty cool though. I never would’ve thought that teal & purple would look so good! 

Liked the release - sometimes you don't need to refine what's already as close to perfect as you can get.

Great job Polaris.

I don't mind the release.  What else (other than a hair dryer on the S4) could they do this year?  Last year was a big release for them.  Can't do that every year.  I was a bit surprised though that they dropped the 800 in the Titan.  Not sure a lot of people will like the fact they can only get an S4 in it now.

Double edge sword - we talked about the prices being out of wack but then always looking for that "new" feature each year.

Small improvements or refinements don't get the recognition, but most times just makes the product even better.

I imagine a turbo on the S4, when it eventually comes, will be another huge step for POO.   

Turbo would have been nice on the S4.  That said I think it's a wise move for them to simplify and focus on delivering on time.  There is a lot of customers that have been let down the last couple seasons.  Hopefully they work to add to their accessory lineup as well.  When you compare that's one of the big differentiators between Polaris and Ski doo now.  They're still playing catch up in this area.

Lack luster release this year. I wasn't expecting anything huge, but thought they'd expand their turbo 850 to the XCR & maybe add a turbo 4 stroke but maybe that's for next year. I was originally thinking about snow checking this year but will wait another year. 

Man, lots of complaining about pricing of sleds ( myself included ) - yet we are expecting these ridiculous annual advancements on machines used 2-3 months out of the year.

We are our own worst enemies as usual.

• Like 3

I was going to snow check an 850 adventure but it's not offered in the adventure, s4 or 650 only.

Priced an xc 850, $24k out the door, yikes !!

22 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Man, lots of complaining about pricing of sleds ( myself included ) - yet we are expecting these ridiculous annual advancements on machines used 2-3 months out of the year.

We are our own worst enemies as usual.

You are correct!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zoso said:

I am surprised at the number of folks buying 90hp sleds. Even though for trail duty the power is more than suffice, sledders are men and men like power even if they do not need it.

True.

My bud rode the wife's 900 Ace yesterday and he said "You know, this thing does everything you need it to. Its plenty fast for trail riding."

• Like 4

On 3/9/2023 at 2:13 PM, Blackstar said:

True.

My bud rode the wife's 900 Ace yesterday and he said "You know, this thing does everything you need it to. Its plenty fast for trail riding."

X2. I have been riding 900 ACE sleds for 7 seasons, now on my second one. I have been passed by less than 20 sleds in that time, and passed hundreds. You can't suck and blow at the same time, so I don't have much sympathy those complaining about ridiculously high prices as they seek out the latest, trickest 850 or turbo 4s. If you are riding deep snow, or lake racing, I get it, but for the bulk of Ontario trail riders 125-130 HP is more than what's required. Sledders, as a lot, have shown the manufacturers how to pick our pockets, and they have gotten good it. Can't complain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tricky said:

X2. I have been riding 900 ACE sleds for 7 seasons, now on my second one. I have been passed by less than 20 sleds in that time, and passed hundreds. You can't suck and blow at the same time, so I don't have much sympathy those complaining about ridiculously high prices as they seek out the latest, trickest 850 or turbo 4s. If you are riding deep snow, or lake racing, I get it, but for the bulk of Ontario trail riders 125-130 HP is more than what's required. Sledders, as a lot, have shown the manufacturers how to pick our pockets, and they have gotten good it. Can't complain.

Well put.  100% agree on the 900 ace.  

1 hour ago, tricky said:

A 900 Ace is a great motor. Its relatively cheap, quiet, smooth, stingy on fuel and has a top speed of 150kph. Its all anyone needs. Its just not what everyone wants....lol

I'm not ready to drop down that far in performance just yet.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

A 900 Ace is a great motor. Its relatively cheap, quiet, smooth, stingy on fuel and has a top speed of 150kph. Its all anyone needs. Its just not what everyone wants....lol

I'm not ready to drop down that far in performance just yet.

900 ok it lacks fun top end though that other motors have. 130 hp ace turbo looks like way to go if you stay with a four stroke snowmobile. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

900 ok it lacks fun top end though that other motors have. 130 hp ace turbo looks like way to go if you stay with a four stroke snowmobile. 

I agree its a good option and no doubt why Doo put that package together. It was an answer to all the riders who cried when the 1200 went away. It was the best deal in a 4 stroke for years.

Since I'm semi-seriously looking for my next sled, the 130hp turbo is a consideration as I was happy for several years with my 1200.

if i replace my 1200 ,which i love ,i would probably look at 900 turbo 130 hp .i like the 900 na but dont think 90 hp woulg be enough ,

It will be interesting to see what Polaris brings to market once they throw a turbo on their 4 stroke. I assume they will head for the 180-200hp league.

5 hours ago, wrightonalan said:

if i replace my 1200 ,which i love ,i would probably look at 900 turbo 130 hp .i like the 900 na but dont think 90 hp woulg be enough ,

Go ride a demo.  New ones are 95 hp.  You might be surprised.  NA and the 130 hp turbo are both good options.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It will be interesting to see what Polaris brings to market once they throw a turbo on their 4 stroke. I assume they will head for the 180-200hp league.

Had a demo 4s yesterday, top speed is about 70, lots of low end power

36 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Had a demo 4s yesterday, top speed is about 70, lots of low end power

Great sled for Quebec where speed limit is 70. Can you just imagine riding the trail from LSQ to Chibougamau with a 70 KPH sled or the C trail from SRF to Timmins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gotta be 70mph

• Like 2