Spring order Arctic cat

zrtkat

Well I built my new Arctic cat online and they send it too the dealer for a quote,he replies with a quote.

Pre-order does not start till March 7th my dealer calls me this morning tells me Arctic cat allocated him so many sleds and the one I ordered is not available.

Snowmobile ordering has surely changed since my last new one in 2017.

Greg

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, zrtkat said:

Well I built my new Arctic cat online and they send it too the dealer for a quote,he replies with a quote.

Pre-order does not start till March 7th my dealer calls me this morning tells me Arctic cat allocated him so many sleds and the one I ordered is not available.

Snowmobile ordering has surely changed since my last new one in 2017.

Greg

To bad you can't deal with your dealer but you could always try contacting another dealer who may have what you want coming.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

To bad you can't deal with your dealer but you could always try contacting another dealer who may have what you want coming.

He told me to try to Order online from Arctic cat on Tuesday and if I get in to order I can pick him to deliver the new Arctic cat.

Will see what happens but pretty sure the website will be over whelmed with people trying to order.

Greg,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zrtkat said:

He told me to try to Order online from Arctic cat on Tuesday and if I get in to order I can pick him to deliver the new Arctic cat.

Will see what happens but pretty sure the website will be over whelmed with people trying to order.

Greg,

No it's arctic cat.  Won't be that much interest.  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I ordered my new sled for next year didn't think it was going to happen the website went down at 9:00 am could not get through.

It was back and running and we got 2 new sleds ordered.

I am getting too old to be handling those heavy Turbos so should be happy and also went with a 146" track .

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, zoso said:

Ya well you would be wrong because the only available order right now is the mountain sleds.

Good for Cat - sounds like a success and this is even with not all sleds in the new chassis, correct?

I would have expected mountain to be sold out first knowing most manufactures put all there R&D into that segment.

4 hours ago, stoney said:

Good for Cat - sounds like a success and this is even with not all sleds in the new chassis, correct?

I would have expected mountain to be sold out first knowing most manufactures put all there R&D into that segment.

dealers most likely faking orders to get full allocations, who knows, the way they are selling these things is crazy imo.

• Like 2

I talked to an unnamed Arctic Cat dealer today and he is pissed.    He was given 12 units for MY24.    Thats it.    He said he is ready to throw in the towel with Cat as he cant get enough units to justify the fixed costs of being a dealer.     

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

I talked to an unnamed Arctic Cat dealer today and he is pissed.    He was given 12 units for MY24.    Thats it.    He said he is ready to throw in the towel with Cat as he cant get enough units to justify the fixed costs of being a dealer.     

They are starving their dealers that's why there has been a lot of dealers in my area are no longer with Arctic cat.closest dealer to me is over a hour away.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

For perspective, I wonder what the number would be for other years.  
New chassis and minimal inventory to offer. 

Maybe check with country corners and see what they are getting…aren’t they usually the dealer with preferred treatment?!?!

1 minute ago, stoney said:

For perspective, I wonder what the number would be for other years.  
New chassis and minimal inventory to offer. 

Maybe check with country corners and see what they are getting…aren’t they usually the dealer with preferred treatment?!?!

Pre-Textron this dealer would sell 50 units per year. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 10:38 PM, zrtkat said:

They are starving their dealers that's why there has been a lot of dealers in my area are no longer with Arctic cat.closest dealer to me is over a hour away.

My dealer was a big Cat dealer years ago and now has no Cats on the floor and only sold 2 sleds this season.  They told me that Cat shut down all sled dealers in the state of Indiana and some wanted to continue. 

it seems like Cats are very high priced and I have a hard time ordering what I have only read about and can’t sit on. 

• Like 2

This is why they’re selling out fast, hardly any sleds to offer. Pretty easy to do…

• Like 1