Rockys In Sudbury

RAMSOMAIR

3 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Does Rocky's in Sudbury allow to park truck and trailer there to start a back pack trip?

Not sure but if not park at stp lot across the lake, quick run down the trail from there leads to the lake, scoot across lake, grab gas at Rockies and head north. 

• Like 2

Like Stoney said stage from STP. Staged from there on a 5 day saddle bag trip and had no issues. Also have staged from the Moonlight hotel but they charged us 10 bucks a day to park but we stayed there the first night.

• 3 weeks later...

Still good to stage from Garson tomorrow? Getting thin? I see its red just south towards moonlight.

On 3/13/2023 at 9:32 PM, Steve F6 said:

Still good to stage from Garson tomorrow? Getting thin? I see its red just south towards moonlight.

Parking lot was full today.

STP is still grooming from garson north

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Parking lot was full today.

STP is still grooming from garson north

The 25-35cm this Friday will help

At Rocky's now waiting on a Bison burger. Good going north of Garson. A bit thin around Capreol. C111 c206 are awesome. 

8F1513CA-2611-463B-BD21-D96D74389B66.jpeg

6450935F-151B-4648-825D-F06EA4E8D458.jpeg

F2A2C02A-EBE6-41E9-9CC6-F44CCAF58CEF.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

At Rocky's now waiting on a Bison burger. Good going north of Garson. A bit thin around Capreol. C111 c206 are awesome. 

8F1513CA-2611-463B-BD21-D96D74389B66.jpeg

6450935F-151B-4648-825D-F06EA4E8D458.jpeg

F2A2C02A-EBE6-41E9-9CC6-F44CCAF58CEF.jpeg

Looks like sportsmans lodge

• Like 2

Heading up to Suds in the morning, staging from the STP yard. If you see me, come say hi.. I won't be hard to spot..

• Like 2

Trails look awesome! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soupkids said:

Looks like sportsmans lodge

Good eye. Stayed there last night. Good supper and breakfast.

3 hours ago, Yukon said:

Heading up to Suds in the morning, staging from the STP yard. If you see me, come say hi.. I won't be hard to spot..

We are back in muskoka. Enjoy the ride! We stayed away from south and west of Garson and south of windy lake. Lots of locals out riding today that had trailered up north of town. Head north to top of wanapatei. C north towards shining tree looked fresh groomed today. Not sure if shining tree came down from their end. Wolf loop was excellent and top of moose is excellent as well. 56 was good once north of town too. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

Good eye. Stayed there last night. Good supper and breakfast.

We are back in muskoka. Enjoy the ride! We stayed away from south and west of Garson and south of windy lake. Lots of locals out riding today that had trailered up north of town. Head north to top of wanapatei. C north towards shining tree looked fresh groomed today. Not sure if shining tree came down from their end. Wolf loop was excellent and top of moose is excellent as well. 56 was good once north of town too. 

Thanks for the info Steve.

We were up there family day weekend last month, we did shinning tree then on mint trails. We didn’t do the Wolf mountain loop, so that's on our bucket list for this go. 

Riding with some of the STP boys this time again, so have some good local knowledge. 

cheers!

• Like 4