Wear Bars

coldfinger

What are you guys and gals running for carbides ? semi aggressive trail riding .  

Bergstrom triple points with ski savers.   Really notice how well they bite on icy conditions, wish I could say the same about my IceRipper

• Like 1

i just put on acs sport carbides on yesterday .will report .its all i could get in the fall.

I always planned on getting another set of Sno trackers    had them on the 06 Confusion  and worked great     Tricky and crew are big fans of them  The Enduro has TS skis so no need to get wear bars      Have a set of Bergstoms here if you want to try them    also have Stud Boy and Woodys Duellies here as well    Are you running the stock wear bars on the outside of the ski ?

I run the stock bars locally . Need a good bar for the yearly pilgrimage too the promised land . Have used quili peace in the past, not finding a supplier close by so need to switch it up. Darting is not an issue .  Thanks for the info.

Tried the 6" Ace bars last year for the first time, they seemed to to be good....and cheaper.

This year installed the normal, 6" shaper bars, they are good too......but cost more money.

My suspension set up from last year to this year is quite a bit different, so hard to say which ones are better, at least it would not be fair for me to say either way. 

Both options provided good results, no darting to speak of.

Steering to me is more about suspension set up.

Currently running Woody's Trailblazers - 6" carbide.

Love then when new - can turn on concrete.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Bergstrom triple points with ski savers.   Really notice how well they bite on icy conditions, wish I could say the same about my IceRipper

I called the stock iceripper on my 2017 Blizzard ACE an "iceslipper". Back to regular studs two years ago.😀  Do you have one of those?

All of my friends with 4 stroke Yamahas and 900/1200 Skidoos have ben running Snow Trackers for years. I tried for 3 years with my Blizzard to make my sled steer as well as theirs', using different brands of runners and different chassis set-ups. I wanted to show them that Trackers weren't the only hot set-up. I finally capitulated and have been using Trackers for 3 seasons. Hard to beat them on a 4 stroke. 2s results may vary.

• Like 2

Snow trackers on the wife's sled. 6" woodys carbides on mine. I prefer the snow trackers, but have been cheap and haven't bought myself a set yet. I personally really like the ice ripper tracks. Had a trip to Kapuskasing ruined when my wife's conventionally studded track threw a stud through her heat exchanger. Ice ripper doesn't grip quite as well, but it's enough imo. Happy compromise to get the longevity out of things. I have a 129" x 1.25" ice ripper track with close to 20,000 kms on it. Still looks and works great. I put a 136" x 1.5" ice ripper on the wifes sled. It works great.  Kinda like a 2 stroke motor I've now swore off of conventional studding.  Just don't need the hassle of things falling apart.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, signfan said:

Snow trackers on the wife's sled. 6" woodys carbides on mine. I prefer the snow trackers, but have been cheap and haven't bought myself a set yet. I personally really like the ice ripper tracks. Had a trip to Kapuskasing ruined when my wife's conventionally studded track threw a stud through her heat exchanger. Ice ripper doesn't grip quite as well, but it's enough imo. Happy compromise to get the longevity out of things. I have a 129" x 1.25" ice ripper track with close to 20,000 kms on it. Still looks and works great. I put a 136" x 1.5" ice ripper on the wifes sled. It works great.  Kinda like a 2 stroke motor I've now swore off of conventional studding.  Just don't need the hassle of things falling apart.

I agree, IR track is a great compromise - ran no studs for over 10 years, this IR I have now gives me enough traction on ice when needed and still have some slide on the trails in corners for the fun factor.

• Like 2

my reny last year threw a couple studs  ,so i took them all out .after about 30 years of having studded tracks ,it took a bit of adjusting to braking and gassing .but seems a little more fun overall .turns much easier.that being said i will be replacing track with ice ripper someday .just put on a less aggressive carbide too .i must be getting old.

33 minutes ago, wrightonalan said:

my reny last year threw a couple studs  ,so i took them all out .after about 30 years of having studded tracks ,it took a bit of adjusting to braking and gassing .but seems a little more fun overall .turns much easier.that being said i will be replacing track with ice ripper someday .just put on a less aggressive carbide too .i must be getting old.

Same here. Took me 2 seasons to get used to the IR track. Kept riding it like i had studs. It is funner. 
Im gonna try the quali pieces navigators next week. Had the stock 4" on the last 1800kms in Quebec but around here they arent quite cutting it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, coldfinger said:

I run the stock bars locally . Need a good bar for the yearly pilgrimage too the promised land . Have used quili peace in the past, not finding a supplier close by so need to switch it up. Darting is not an issue .  Thanks for the info.

So what is the verdict ? The pilgrimage is fast approaching    mail order is getting a bit late maybe ?  At least you have a real windshield now LoL 

No verdict yet need to do more hands on research . Visit  to Royal and dealer are in the near future. I hope we don't need the trailer stretcher 😁

I have been using the Qualipieces carbides this year and have both the Adventures and the treks, Here is my take on them.

Treks work really well in hard pack trails, not super agressive in the the corners

Adventures- love them for all types of conditions, been running the 4 inch carbide but am getting a set of the 8 inch as I think they will be a little more agressive for cornering.

Last season I ran the 8 inch ACS carbides on my gripper skiis and was quite happy with them, great longevity to them

Hope this helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was just at edge in Bradford and they have a display case with Qualipieces options.....for those looking at possible resalers.

Ran into an older rider on the trails the other week and he referred to these as "skates"......at first I was like, what are these skates that he is referring too, but then the light bulb went off....lol

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 2:08 PM, Nunz said:

I have been using the Qualipieces carbides this year and have both the Adventures and the treks, Here is my take on them.

Treks work really well in hard pack trails, not super agressive in the the corners

Adventures- love them for all types of conditions, been running the 4 inch carbide but am getting a set of the 8 inch as I think they will be a little more agressive for cornering.

Last season I ran the 8 inch ACS carbides on my gripper skiis and was quite happy with them, great longevity to them

Hope this helps

I put the "treks" on and they work good but they dont like reverse. Grabs hard and track spins. Did u find that as well?  I have a set of the adventures here too that i should try but the only reason i put the treks on was difficulty putting the adventures on after my sub par drilling and measuring install on the skis. 

28 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

I put the "treks" on and they work good but they dont like reverse. Grabs hard and track spins. Did u find that as well?  I have a set of the adventures here too that i should try but the only reason i put the treks on was difficulty putting the adventures on after my sub par drilling and measuring install on the skis. 

I found the same issue with the Treks. Also, as Nunz has stated, good in hard pack (colder days) but they "float" in softer/warmer conditions - absolutely no darting tho =. Likely due to the design. Going to try the adventure/cobra heads with the longest carbide available next year as I prefer a really planted front end.

• Like 1