LUNCH Destinations - Elliot Lake area.

Sevey

Heading up to Dunlop Lake Lodge on Thursday.

Reviewing the OFSC map, there are very few places for lunch in that area during days trips from Eilliot Lake - east or west of where we are staying.

-Bobbers in Bruce Mines

-Black Creek in Searchmount.

Can anyone advise of restaurants in that area i have not covered.

Thanks

MS

Yes  to Bobbers in Bruce Mines, Blind River has a good clean run A+W on hwy 17 across from OPP station. Elliot Lake lost a few places due to covid, but cruise Ontario Ave a few private run restaurants there. Or McDonald's on hwy beside Timmies. 

It seems to me we ate lunch here back in 2016. 
Quick google search says it’s now called Iron Bridge Cafe and General Store. Trail comes to the back door.

There is also a restaurant in the Redwood Motor Inn on the opposite side of the river. Trail goes right by. I would call to make sure its open. Licensed.

EC7FCDE3-7DB0-46AD-9286-00AA40035244.thumb.jpeg.acaea1ad59ebb18c82e3a37746fc20ce.jpeg

i like the gas price back then

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Any of you fine gentlemen know if Espanola has a motel near the trail ? l can only find cottages with a minimum of two nights .  

31 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

Any of you fine gentlemen know if Espanola has a motel near the trail ? l can only find cottages with a minimum of two nights .  

Did you check Chris's list at Sleddersworld.com?

He shows Pinewood Motor Inn, Apsey Lake Resort and Lang Lake Resort as having trail access.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Trail ESP7 runs right behind the Pinewood Motor Inn which is on the main drag at 2nd Ave. Its quite a big motel that looks good from the road but I've never stayed there. There's fuel on the D on the south side of town. The motel did have a Bar and restaurant but I don't think the restaurant is open for breakfast. You would need to check.

• Thanks 1

A couple of others to add:

Pier 17 in Blind River.  You can sled right to it.  Pretty nice place to enjoy right along the river.

Back Home Bistro in Massey.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Trail ESP7 runs right behind the Pinewood Motor Inn which is on the main drag at 2nd Ave. Its quite a big motel that looks good from the road but I've never stayed there. There's fuel on the D on the south side of town. The motel did have a Bar and restaurant but I don't think the restaurant is open for breakfast. You would need to check.

Stayed there many times, great place with good parking and easy trail access. The restaurant is top notch but can get busy on the weekends for dinner so best to make a reservations. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It seems to me we ate lunch here back in 2016. 
Quick google search says it’s now called Iron Bridge Cafe and General Store. Trail comes to the back door.

There is also a restaurant in the Redwood Motor Inn on the opposite side of the river. Trail goes right by. I would call to make sure its open. Licensed.

EC7FCDE3-7DB0-46AD-9286-00AA40035244.thumb.jpeg.acaea1ad59ebb18c82e3a37746fc20ce.jpeg

Search both those spots you mentioned but could not find the communities they are in?

Dont forget, I dont know the area very well

MS

3 hours ago, Sevey said:

Search both those spots you mentioned but could not find the communities they are in?

MS

They are both in Iron Bridge.

Procrastinating on my part , if  l go it will be mid week . How you doing ?

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

They are both in Iron Bridge.

Thanks for your help

Its appreciated - the Redtop is closed for the winter fyi

MS

• Like 1

10 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Procrastinating on my part , if  l go it will be mid week . How you doing ?

hanging in    Riding from home the next 4 days     Turbo is sweeeeeeeet    Text me about plans  

On 1/31/2023 at 8:10 PM, Sevey said:

MS

I can add to this.  The Red-Top is only open during summer.  The General Store has a Coffee Take-Out Counter only.  There is 1 table, but the locals utilize it throughout the day.  3 Aces Chinese restaurant is the only place open in Iron Bridge during winter.  Even then, not 7 days a week.  Usually closed on Mondays or sometimes for the entire week if they head to Toronto to visit family.  Good food there.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 8:24 AM, Dan-Senior said:

I can add to this.  The Red-Top is only open during summer.  The General Store has a Coffee Take-Out Counter only.  There is 1 table, but the locals utilize it throughout the day.  3 Aces Chinese restaurant is the only place open in Iron Bridge during winter.  Even then, not 7 days a week.  Usually closed on Mondays or sometimes for the entire week if they head to Toronto to visit family.  Good food there.

How is trail heading north from soo this year. Think it will last until March break?