Gaspe 2023

volsla

Hello sledderszzzzzz,

Has anyone completed Gaspe loop recently?

My group is planning a Gaspe loop in few days; however, a part of the T5 trail (~Sainte-Anne-des-Monts to Mont-Saint-Pierre) shows as "UNAVAILABLE" on the "interactive trail map". 

Called one of the hotels near that T5 trail for the clarification and i have been told that trail is ok.

still trying to figure it out why status is "unavailable".

It has been in the "unavailable" status for a long time.

thanks

9 hours ago, volsla said:

Hello sledderszzzzzz,

My group is planning a Gaspe loop in few days; however, a part of the T5 trail (~Sainte-Anne-des-Monts to Mont-Saint-Pierre) shows as "UNAVAILABLE" on the "interactive trail map". 

Called one of the hotels near that T5 trail for the clarification and i have been told that trail is ok.

thanks

I just checked the map on my laptop and its all showing open now. The section that was red is now yellow. Most of it shows as being groomed in the last 12 hours.

9 hours ago, volsla said:

Hello sledderszzzzzz,

thanks

Make sure you have all your reservations made. There are a lot of people riding Gaspe and not as many hotel/Motels open in the winter as before Covid. This is what I have read on Quebec Rider.

Hotel Motel Grand Vallee is a great place.  Copper Hotel in Murdockville is the only place I believe and they book up fast. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Having done the big loop once, a second trip that we had to abort at Matane, when I rolled in a snow storm. Keep in mind that the weather there can shut the trails down for a day or two.

South side of the big loop is sparse on fuel stops, but faster than the north portion. Check the Sunday hours on small town fuel stations. Some of my videos from our first trip and 2nd trip, if you look up apexltx56 youtube user. (Our 2nd trip was going to only be the North side and down to Murdochville and back type of thing.)

Also great that you don't have to carry beer, just get some at the gas station at the end of the day. :-)

• Like 1

I wonder if he even read the responses to his question?????

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I wonder if he even read the responses to his question?????

what makes you think that, man?

Everything is open at this moment, we are going according to plan.

thanks to everyone.

6 minutes ago, volsla said:

what makes you think that, man?

Everything is open at this moment, we are going according to plan.

thanks to everyone.

There was no response of any type from you in 5 days since last post by someone trying to help you with your question. That's very unusual on this forum.

Friends just landed in Mont Joli tonight. Starting a five day loop. Weather looks almost perfect for them. Unfortunately l didn’t have time available to make the trip .

l will be getting trail updates this week from them. 

15 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Friends just landed in Mont Joli tonight. Starting a five day loop. Weather looks almost perfect for them. Unfortunately l didn’t have time available to make the trip .

l will be getting trail updates this week from them. 

lol, we are planning to start from M-Joli )))

21 hours ago, volsla said:

lol, we are planning to start from M-Joli )))

My friends are on the same route l suggested to you.

Steve

• Like 1