Burks falls to Sportsman lodge

MotoEh

Hey everyone. Looking for some advice on our first saddlebag trip, leaving mid February. Day 1, Plan is to leave Burks falls area (cottage) and ride to Sportsman lodge, going through north Bay in one day (300km). Day 2,Ride some loops around Sudbury. Day 3 return to Burks falls via C trail, through french river area (350km).

We are 3 guys in our 30s that ride at a good pace, am I biting off too much in a day? Any suggestions on routes to avoid some road running?

Thank you!

Dan

I've done that ride and it was great. We left from Ahmic Lake and rode the lake trails to Port Loring (mostly groomed summer rodes from Port Loring to the French River) and crossed the French River to Owls Nest Resort. Then we went to the Sportsman Inn then next day. I'm don't remember how far that was (we went to Wolf Mountain that day too). Very interesting and remote trails,

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself here..

• Like 1

Up through North Bay is quick running (pipeline, railbeds and logging roads). It's slower trail coming back down through French River (Bush trail and very rugged canadian shield). Achievable, but you will have a long final day.  Might want to reverse yohr order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definitely doable, I ride with a group in their 40’s, I say their because I’m not there yet…still in my 30’s lol. 
If conditions and the trails allow for it, you can do almost 500km in approximately 12hrs riding at a comfortable pace. 

Signfan gave good advice.

It's doable either way - but I prefer to make my last day the easier one

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys. Apparently sportsman has a set meal time that's why I was thinking of making the shorter day first, and really doesn't matter when we make it back to the cottage on day 3 as long as we make it lol. 

37 minutes ago, MotoEh said:

Thanks for the advice guys. Apparently sportsman has a set meal time that's why I was thinking of making the shorter day first, and really doesn't matter when we make it back to the cottage on day 3 as long as we make it lol. 

Right, forgot about that.

And if you miss dinner, you are SOL.

The Owls Nest Resort was a good place to stay. About 300km ride from ahmic lake. I luvved the entire area, especially the ride up the lake trails to Port Loring (Jakes is a great place to have lunch in Port Loring) and the ride to the French River. After that is becomes very remote bush trails.

Have fun!!!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...