A Trail - Val Gagne Area?

Gadgetman

Anyone have any updates on when it may open?

Or is it a low snow area also?

A Val Gagne.JPG

16 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Anyone have any updates on when it may open?

Or is it a low snow area also?

A Val Gagne.JPG

Update: Perfect, it shows as Yellow as of today.

6 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Update: Perfect, it shows as Yellow as of today.

Partial back to Red?

1 hour ago, Gadgetman said:

Partial back to Red?

After reading your original post this morning, I looked at the ITG and the whole section was still red. Since lunch time, the section west of Hwy.11 has gone to yellow.

You can get around the red section if you don't mind running roads. When you leave Matheson, stay on Monahan Road until you get to Taylor 5 Concession and turn left onto it. Stay on Taylor 5 Concession and about 3 km. west of highway 11 it becomes the A trail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 5:48 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

After reading your original post this morning, I looked at the ITG and the whole section was still red. Since lunch time, the section west of Hwy.11 has gone to yellow.

You can get around the red section if you don't mind running roads. When you leave Matheson, stay on Monahan Road until you get to Taylor 5 Concession and turn left onto it. Stay on Taylor 5 Concession and about 3 km. west of highway 11 it becomes the A trail.

Just a note re: Taylor 5 Concession. When heading up Monahan Road watch for Taylor 5 Concession ON YOUR LEFT.   Taylor 5 Concession actually goes off to your right in 2 spots before you actually get to the left turn for it that you want.

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Just a note re: Taylor 5 Concession. When heading up Monahan Road watch for Taylor 5 Concession ON YOUR LEFT.   Taylor 5 Concession actually goes off to your right in 2 spots before you actually get to the left turn for it that you want.

Thank you. I need that section open by 12 Feb, which I expect it will be. I already have  a KL alternate start point instead of NL,  if the NL area isn't open by the 12th of Feb. Contingency planning.

8 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Thank you. I need that section open by 12 Feb, which I expect it will be. I already have  a KL alternate start point instead of NL,  if the NL area isn't open by the 12th of Feb. Contingency planning.

The section that is closed has been one of the last sections to open over the last few years. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2023 at 10:58 PM, Gadgetman said:

Looks like you are good to go  from Matheson through Val Gagne now. Seems like about 800 km. per day is opening up now according to the ITG.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Looks like you are good to go  from Matheson through Val Gagne now. Seems like about 800 km. per day is opening up now according to the ITG.

A route is now available from NL to Cochrane, and with still almost 2 weeks to go, should all be Green by the 12th. I will cancel the backup hotels at KL.

Thanks