Powassan and North

gtowe

Thinking of starting near the A101D and D junction in Powassan area tomorrow and heading north on the open trails. Does anyone familiar with the area know where it might be best to stage for access to the open trails (such as A101D) in that area? Advice much appreciated!

I realize it may not be conveniently local for everyone in the South, but if you're in the Muskoka area already, have a trailer and are itching to ride, I'd recommend the 1.5h drive to where the A101D and D meet and start from there. Trails were good to excellent in that area. Went east to Mattawa on A, then A112A west toward North Bay then A back down to A101D through Bonfield. 240km of mostly great conditions! Sorry, no pictures unfortunately.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

there isn't crap to ride in Muskoka, so for sure worth the trek

6 hours ago, gtowe said:

I realize it may not be conveniently local for everyone in the South, but if you're in the Muskoka area already, have a trailer and are itching to ride, I'd recommend the 1.5h drive to where the A101D and D meet and start from there. Trails were good to excellent in that area. Went east to Mattawa on A, then A112A west toward North Bay then A back down to A101D through Bonfield. 240km of mostly great conditions! Sorry, no pictures unfortunately.

Curious, where did you off load/park?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

seguin and Kearney opened up FYI

That will be interesting come this wkend or sooner!

In Powassan, I parked with several others on the side of Pioneer Road at the corner of Kells Road and Pioneer Road where the A101D meets D. Quiet road so no issues.

I can imagine that Kearney area now open will be super busy this weekend!

• Thanks 3