S4 Polaris

signfan

On 1/17/2023 at 2:27 PM, signfan said:

Anyone on here own one of these? Just wondering how people are finding this new motor. Would be really interested to hear from someone who has one that was a past 900 ace owner on how the two compare.

If you are looking to see and demo one, Call Mike at Rickward's, I was just talking with him and they have one in stock.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 11:24 AM, signfan said:

Lol.Ā  When the trails open or when Polaris delivers all of their sleds?Ā  Both seem to be waitingĀ  for hell to freeze over.

Got my 2023 sno chek in mid december :)

Ā 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 2:27 PM, signfan said:

Anyone on here own one of these? Just wondering how people are finding this new motor. Would be really interested to hear from someone who has one that was a past 900 ace owner on how the two compare.

Personally I would look at the Indy SP with the 650 patriot. Its got the full Matrix chassis and the smaller 2 stroke will give you similar acceleration (less top end) than the big bores.Ā 

Iā€™m definitely interested in the S4. When Polaris puts a turbo on it, thatā€™s probably when Iā€™ll trade the viper. 90hp just isnā€™t enough for me, Iā€™d be happy with 130-140hp turbo 4 stroke though. šŸ˜†
My wife and I went to rickwards last year and demoed some 650s, in short, amazing sleds! Still getting the wife one when the time comes as theyā€™re super light and more than enough power. If the S4 handles anything like the 650, Iā€™m sold on it. We backed out of our SP 650 order this year from rickwards unfortunately. Kinda regretting it, but kinda glad we did because itā€™s going to be a very short season! Iā€™m a die hard Yamaha guy, but I can say confidently that that matrix chassis is very very good!

Ā 

Ā 

I believe snowtrax is doing a walkaround on the S4 this week or next.Ā  I'm in the same boat.Ā  Once a turbo goes on that motor, I will be really interested in it

• Like 1

I had the na900 for 2 sleds. The 2021 Renne with 5 more HP and pdive was way better than the 2015.Ā  Friday we find out how the 130 HP is.Ā  Ā I would imagine Polaris motors are going to be similar to BRPĀ  Ā  Turbo will be really nice so hopefully Polaris gets it soon

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 9:49 AM, volunteer2 said:

I had the na900 for 2 sleds. The 2021 Renne with 5 more HP and pdive was way better than the 2015.Ā  Friday we find out how the 130 HP is.Ā  Ā I would imagine Polaris motors are going to be similar to BRPĀ  Ā  Turbo will be really nice so hopefully Polaris gets it soon

Did you just buy a turbo ace this season?

How do you like that setup in comparison to the na 900 ace? Is it much louder?Ā  Much worse on fuel?Ā  120 - 130 hp does seem to be a good hp. Not sure why more aren't buying that version and instead are paying for the 180 hp version.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

12 minutes ago, signfan said:

How do you like that setup in comparison to the na 900 ace? Is it much louder?Ā  Much worse on fuel?Ā  120 - 130 hp does seem to be a good hp. Not sure why more aren't buying that version and instead are paying for the 180 hp version.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It has a nice rumble. Not loud by any means.Ā  Throttle is more sensitive for sure. Gas is still unknownĀ 

Havenā€™t put many miles on my 650 but itā€™s a really nice engineĀ 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Yup. 130 hp first 100k to today

Nice, a couple guys I ride with have them. They love em, 130hp turbo is really all you need.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, I know that most of you are more high performance sledders, but has no one ridden the Poo 4s yet? Hard to believe that they are that scarce. Ā 

On 2/5/2023 at 3:40 PM, tricky said:

So, I know that most of you are more high performance sledders, but has no one ridden the Poo 4s yet? Hard to believe that they are that scarce. Ā 

Dealer I stopped in at today has yet to receive any of his S4 orders. Ā Ā 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Sksman said:

Dealer I stopped in at today has yet to receive any of his S4 orders. Ā Ā 

3 yrs in and must be still waiting for parts eh šŸ˜‚Ā 

3 hours ago, Baylaker said:

3 yrs in and must be still waiting for parts eh šŸ˜‚Ā 

We live a pretty sheltered life in Canada. Ā  We can complain that our new $20,000 sleds are not on time Ā 
Ā 

in reality There are other global situations such as Ukraine that are really hampering production of equipment and vehicles. Ā Effects are felt globally.
Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3

Definitely needs a turbo and shock options. Iā€™m not sure about that throttle though. I personally think a cable style would be more reliable?? šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø