Sudbury

Baylaker

Step off the trails and there is quite a bit. There was maybe 3 inches of fresh snow last night too. They have something to work with. Not as much snow as a normal year but not too bad either. Maybe winter will return. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xfirecat said:

Step off the trails and there is quite a bit. There was maybe 3 inches of fresh snow last night too. They have something to work with. Not as much snow as a normal year but not too bad either. Maybe winter will return. 

I agree, step off the trail in some areas and you sink up to your waist…

closer to central Sudbury is lacking snow and the trails get beat up pretty quick, but the further north you go, it gets much better. 
winter I think is finally here. Short season, but let’s hope it stays this time. 

10 hours ago, Xfirecat said:

I heard the club only grooms that piece Thursday. Not sure if that’s correct but that’s the word on the street. Maybe get a dentist to sponsor that piece, lots of fillings will shake loose. 

There were definitely a few sections that took a beating. 

Most trails are groomed 2x a week, some more than that.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Most trails are groomed 2x a week, some more than that.

I  thought STP had an app that tracked the groomers, grooming and frequency - does that still exist or perhaps never did and I am confused?

2 hours ago, stoney said:

I  thought STP had an app that tracked the groomers, grooming and frequency - does that still exist or perhaps never did and I am confused?

They use to have a link for Spot unit tracks. Not available anymore to the public due to OFSC Risk management policies..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

West side of Sudbury is hovering around zero. Expecting 10-15 cm this afternoon but we need a lot more than that with some cold temps! I haven’t been there in more than a week but my camera at camp doesn’t look like we lost that much snow. North of Barrie is +2 and pouring rain! Feeling lucky I have an enclosed trailer this year! How about the east side Soup?

• Thanks 1

I see wanapitae just opened up. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 10:48 AM, lastzrt said:

Getting snow or rain Soup?

We are rain/washed out/ done in D9.

Going back to Camp on Trout Lake north of Alban next week.

Snow, about 6 inches

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Snowing here now, groomers are our breaking up the hard snow

• Like 5