Sudbury

Baylaker

I’ve noticed Sudbury has made it onto the map. Has anyone ridden these yellow trails yet? This winter has been brutal so far and there’s no hope in sight for southern Ontario lately. I know things can change quickly, but I’ll be very surprised if they do…seems like it could be a long winter.
looking to venture north for a day or 2 soon, but wondering if anyone has been out on these yellow trails lately, if so, how are they shaping up? 

Well, we just drove through Sudbury Tuesday and then again Friday on way to Cochrane and let me tell you its THIN. The D109 beside hwy 17 has not seen a groomer yet. Grass everywhere unfourtunately.

32 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Well, we just drove through Sudbury Tuesday and then again Friday on way to Cochrane and let me tell you its THIN. The D109 beside hwy 17 has not seen a groomer yet. Grass everywhere unfourtunately.

The grass is covered don't worry.

Trails are gradually opening, slowly.

Trails are thin but rideable.

Biggest problem is the same as everywhere else, water.

Swamps aren't freezing up.

We have been plagued with breakdowns due to low snow, expensive breakdowns.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Sounds like it’s bad everywhere. I guess we still need cold and a major storm to roll through all of ontario.

Need a week of cold

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Trout lake is still wide open too. Another warm spell coming too they say, early February. 😂

Wow that's very strange. My good friend has a cottage on Lake Nosbonsing about 14 km. south of Trout Lake  and the sleds are running on it. Its about 60-70% the size of Trout Lake in terms of water surface area.

54 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Wow that's very strange. My good friend has a cottage on Lake Nosbonsing about 14 km. south of Trout Lake  and the sleds are running on it. Its about 60-70% the size of Trout Lake in terms of water surface area.

He is correct. Trout Lake and Talon are not safe at all. Lake Nosbonsing is good

3 hours ago, soupkids said:

Any update on a reroute to be able to ride from Moonlight /Chateau if up that way again sometime?

We are working on it

• Like 5

On 1/14/2023 at 8:31 PM, extreme600 said:

He is correct. Trout Lake and Talon are not safe at all. Lake Nosbonsing is good

Sorry to highjack the Sudbury thread. Just as an update, As of yesterday, my buddy said that from what they could see from Hwy 63, Trout Lake was frozen over and there were some stakes on the ice near the Portage.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2023 at 8:31 PM, extreme600 said:

Brother in-law lives on Nosbonsing, says okay out there - he's riding it and fishing on it

• Like 1

Trail looked pretty good running along the highway in Azilda! 

• Like 3

All lake on the east side of wolf mountain have been staked as of today, watch the itg for changes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! 
any Information on C111D around Windy Lake area? 
I heard there was a mean moose in the area lol.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Thanks! 

I don't think it impacts our trail.

• Like 1

Should see most of the map green this week

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/17/2023 at 5:07 AM, Baylaker said:

Thanks! 

C 111 D was rough today, but it is Sunday so that is the way it goes. Good snow. I assume the trail from Cartier to windy will be open soon. Disclaimer, second hand report, I was not there today.

Fwiw, C 111 D was groomed today as far as Cartier anyway. Windy lake isn’t staked yet and has plenty of random slush spots. I would think it could be staked soon. There are no permanent huts on Windy lake in the usual spots. 

• Thanks 1

And, C 111 D from Cartier to 56 was rough today but past 56 to Capreol was in great shape. 

We went up Friday morning (20th) and rode the afternoon. It was decent, choppy in some spots, but still rideable. Saturday morning was pretty good, until just after noon. It was F****D, and I just wanted to walk out the bush lol. That time of year I guess.

I heard the club only grooms that piece Thursday. Not sure if that’s correct but that’s the word on the street. Maybe get a dentist to sponsor that piece, lots of fillings will shake loose. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Xfirecat said:

I heard the club only grooms that piece Thursday. Not sure if that’s correct but that’s the word on the street. Maybe get a dentist to sponsor that piece, lots of fillings will shake loose. 

Shouldn’t be that way with no snow in south and all extra traffic. Money should move to areas that have snow and open trails. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1