Northern Cooridor - trails open from Cochrane to Hearst

Puggz

Checked the ITG this morning and it looks like there are yellow/green trails all the way between Cochrane and Hearst... finally. Still quite a bit of red in the area but moving in the right direction. 

• Like 3

• Puggz changed the title to Northern Cooridor - trails open from Cochrane to Hearst
38 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Checked the ITG this morning and it looks like there are yellow/green trails all the way between Cochrane and Hearst... finally. Still quite a bit of red in the area but moving in the right direction. 

Not so great in the Timmins area. Here's a pic and comment from their F/B site yesterday:

We are out on the trails still trying to get things to freeze and we could really use some snow (snow dance everyone, please!)
Here are some shots today from the cab of the Prinoth working with what we have on the A111C.

timmins sc.jpg

17 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Not so great in the Timmins area. Here's a pic and comment from their F/B site yesterday:

We are out on the trails still trying to get things to freeze and we could really use some snow (snow dance everyone, please!)
Here are some shots today from the cab of the Prinoth working with what we have on the A111C.

timmins sc.jpg

Wow that looks like something you see in southern Ontario. Weather whacko this year no doubt. Another big thaw coming too. From January 13 to 21 ist is alll mild air. 

• Sad 1

I've pretty much given up hope for South this year.  Looking at 14 day, no frost in the ground by Jan 21, and the bushes etc... will be wide open.  Swamps wont freeze much after that,  and dtiches/ low spots wont be froze either.  Hopefully Im wrong, and Feb will be awesome for sledding.

2 hours ago, Dave K said:

I've pretty much given up hope for South this year.  Looking at 14 day, no frost in the ground by Jan 21, and the bushes etc... will be wide open.  Swamps wont freeze much after that,  and dtiches/ low spots wont be froze either.  Hopefully Im wrong, and Feb will be awesome for sledding.

Latest I have seen our area start is end of January early February. With a thin base I doubt it will last with strong sun and lack of frost. We getting Windsor weather now and north getting our winter weather which is 5 weeks of good sledding 🤦‍♂️
Going north for March break maybe I could follow you 😎

The south is cooked.

my rink won’t even be useable other than Christmas.

I get the sun all day, no January deep freeze means early end as sun and longer February days kills the ice.

this winter sucks