North Bay trail story and solution with landowner

jacrider

This story came through my Google news feed.  Good work by the club.  Hopefully this solution can meet the needs of the landowner.

North Bay Nugget: Near North Snow Drifters find solution to keep snowmobile trail open.
https://www.nugget.ca/news/local-news/near-north-snow-drifters-find-solution-to-keep-snowmobile-trail-open

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jacrider said:

This story came through my Google news feed.  Good work by the club.  Hopefully this solution can meet the needs of the landowner.

North Bay Nugget: Near North Snow Drifters find solution to keep snowmobile trail open.
https://www.nugget.ca/news/local-news/near-north-snow-drifters-find-solution-to-keep-snowmobile-trail-open

This is a great story about some hard work by club volunteers paying off. Unfortunately the OFSC has seen fit to participate in a combined MOU (agreement to allow useage) with that of the ATV association. If all OFSC clubs have to get said  combined MOU signed and this club goes to the landowner in the news article with the combined MOU it will no doubt be the end of that section of snowmobile trail. JMHO.

• Like 4

Agreed re: great story, hard work by club.

The sign is effective.

In our cottage area, it's actually not ATVs that are the problem. It's tacos ( Toyota Tacoma's, and their ilk ). Chew what little earth there is ( Port Severn, Canadian Shield ) and spit it out as mud.

1201-nb-trail-scaled~2.jpg

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

The sign is effective.

In our cottage area, it's actually not ATVs that are the problem. It's tacos ( Toyota Tacoma's, and their ilk ). Chew what little earth there is ( Port Severn, Canadian Shield ) and spit it out as mud.

Groups like Orillia Off-road Recovery now called Trillium off road recovery only encourage the off-road crowd to go deeper and stupider   Get stuck and some member is always willing to come in and pull them out for free.   And they do it regularly   

The stuck location is broadcast so other members can see where to go and it becomes a challenge to others   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

The sign is effective.

again with the broad brush... Tacoma owner here too. way more jeep people doing the terrible off-roading. ;) Ski

chip lifted.jpg

10 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

This is a great story about some hard work by club volunteers paying off. Unfortunately the OFSC has seen fit to participate in a combined MOU (agreement to allow useage) with that of the ATV association. If all OFSC clubs have to get said  combined MOU signed and this club goes to the landowner in the news article with the combined MOU it will no doubt be the end of that section of snowmobile trail. JMHO.

I don't think that's what the MOU that was signed states.  If anything the MOU states that the OFATV will work to help address issues like this.

23 minutes ago, signfan said:

I don't think that's what the MOU that was signed states.  If anything the MOU states that the OFATV will work to help address issues like this.

I hope you are correct. It would be a tough sell if anything regarding ATV shows up on landowner paperwork around here. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, signfan said:

12 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I hope you are correct. It would be a tough sell if anything regarding ATV shows up on landowner paperwork around here. 

My understanding about the MOU agreement between the OFSC/OFATV is to better the trails infrastructure on trails that are shared use. Working together to promote responsible riding, respecting private land and sharing the same messages.. 

Lot's of people think this relationship is going to make for multiuse trail permit or a dual mou land use agreements. We are both seperate Corporate entities still and always will be.  

• Like 7