Ski Doo Had a Strong Year

Canuck

Online article , from Canadian news aggregator The Peak :

"Tough economic times mean consumers have to take a good, hard look at what they buy, limiting purchases to the essentials like food, rent, and… snowmobiles?

What happened: Quebec-based BRP, the maker of Ski-Doos and Sea-Doos, just had its best quarter ever, posting $2.7 billion in revenue (a 71% increase from last year) to end a banner year for the company.

• One analyst told the Financial Post that the company saw “probably the best [growth rate] in the consumer sector in Canada” this year.

Why it’s happening: BRP's already strong sales for watercrafts and snowmobiles were boosted by the introduction of a new product, a Sea-Doo Pontoon.  

But unlike many companies as of late, BRP was also prepared to meet the demand for its products thanks to a unique plan to overcome supply chain snarls that often left its factories short on crucial parts for vehicles.

• BRP sends products out to dealers even when they're missing parts. When the part is ready, the dealer retrofits the product themselves.( yay 😊 )

• This practice spreads the workload between BRP and 3000 registered dealers, speeding up installations and getting products off the lot quicker.

Why it matters: BRP’s success isn’t just a feel-good Canadian biz story, but proof that supply chain disruptions and a looming economic downturn don’t have to be death sentences for company growth. "

No kidding, think how much money they've made off investing deposits from customers who continue to wait for their product........

Ponzi scheme lol

• Like 1

Well, cannot say I am surprised - all outdoor manufactures should be seeing this if you look around at all the new purchases last couple of years.

Will the report look the same 12 months from now - not likely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Well, cannot say I am surprised - all outdoor manufactures should be seeing this if you look around at all the new purchases last couple of years.

Will the report look the same 12 months from now - not likely.

See banks quarterly profits right now from a year ago?

They are LOVING the interest rate hikes!

27 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

See banks quarterly profits right now from a year ago?

They are LOVING the interest rate hikes!

Yep.....and of course they are!

And the rates have gone higher again since.....

Anyone with money that can be invested, moved, etc.....also should be happy or at the very least, not in as a bad of a spot seeing costs rise and interest gained to offset some of that.

Doesn't make it right of course.

• 2 weeks later...

But unlike many companies as of late, BRP was also prepared to meet the demand for its products

What an absolute crock of shit!   They did not deliver for their Customer and typically could not give a rats ass.

Delivering PWCs in August/September, Pontoon boats promised for spring delivery arrived in time for winter storage.  They have not delivered anything on time.  

They are delusional.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Domino said:

What an absolute crock of crap!   They did not deliver for their Customer and typically could not give a rats ass.

Delivering PWCs in August/September, Pontoon boats promised for spring delivery arrived in time for winter storage.  They have not delivered anything on time.  

They are delusional.

This is true, but for comparison, how did other manufacturers in the same business do - better, worse, on par….

1 minute ago, stoney said:

This is true, but for comparison, how did other manufacturers in the same business do - better, worse, on par….

The issue is that BRP lies about it and is trying to spin it like they are heros.

4 hours ago, Domino said:

The issue is that BRP lies about it and is trying to spin it like they are heros.

My uncle tried to snow check a new skidoo. He was told this is not available and you can’t have that. He was like why I can’t I order what I want. So he contacted Polaris and built what he wanted on thier state of art website design. Right down to colour he wanted. He said experience was steller sleds ready to go only missing a few minor accessories not sure what to be honest, he wasn’t specific. Hopefully it’s not skis lol. This was two weeks ago. No pictures yet so I am certain still at dealer waiting. 
At least Polaris builds what customer wants, not other way around like doo is Doing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stoney said:

The PWC market is pretty small - so who knows.

All I know is we did not get our two - and sure glad we kept the other two.

All my favourite doo dealers have closed and Polaris has that nice 650 motor. So thinking,  back to Polaris for 2024 and get to ride with some of folks here again I hope. 😎 2 good Polaris dealers in my area, that’s enough for me to switch and try Polaris again.  I am sure I am not alone as some members here are going back to Polaris too. I don’t do enough miles to justify a four stroke again. 

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

All my favourite doo dealers have closed and Polaris has that nice 650 motor. So thinking,  back to Polaris for 2024 and get to ride with some of folks here again I hope. 😎 2 good Polaris dealers in my area, that’s enough for me to switch and try Polaris again.  I am sure I am not alone as some members here are going back to Polaris too. I don’t do enough miles to justify a four stroke again. 

Polaris chassis is very nice. I rode my sons Assault and liked it a lot. I would buy one if i found the right deal. 

Just now, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I would buy one if i found the right deal. 

FREE?? 😜

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Im hoping to order a new sled for 2024 as well. 
It won’t be Polaris though. I’m still hurting from my 2005 Fusion 900 episode….lol

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It won’t be Polaris though. I’m still hurting from my 2005 Fusion 900 episode….lol

Ouch. We had an iq 600, 2007. Gave it to my uncle when we went all skidoo. Most part I have had great luck with Polaris. He rode that thing every season since. Has over 23,000 km’s on it now. Engine hasn’t been touched.

Can’t wait to try his new one. Polaris has a pretty good sled today. Skidoo made some lemons too. They all do, except Yamaha 😎
2002 Mach z 800 ruined a few trips on me.  My dad was all Polaris since 1974 until 2016 when he bought his first skidoo. I switched in 90’s to skidoo but he stuck with Polaris. He sadly died in 2019 so be happy to see my back on a Polaris agsin. I have to find my pic from 1993 when  he bought me a brand new xcr 440 for Xmas 😎
Tried on Yamaha too in 2004 as well. Won’t buy another one from them every. It was like going 10 years backwards in ride comfort 🤦‍♂️

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

lol - that was a debacle - that followed the by "rush" platform has kept me off them since.

When I go back to new it will be a Polaris though - they're back doing great things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spiderman said:

lol - that was a debacle - that followed the by "rush" platform has kept me off them since.

When I go back to new it will be a Polaris though - they're back doing great things.

I agree, they are building great sleds now but I can carry a grudge for a long time.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I agree, they are building great sleds now but I can carry a grudge for a long time.

That’s what I said about gm. I  Told myself never own one of there cars again after grand lemon from 90’s. Now vette sits in garage. 
Poo 650 be good for your better half

. I am ready to give up four stroke and buy one. I just wait one more year for bugs to be smashed out 😎