Oxygen

zoso

49 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

One thing that is different than other helmets is that you can't open just the shield to adjust eyeglasses over and around the nose shield. Once the shield comes down I guess the glasses have to be in the right spot   Also wondering if anyone rides with the complete nose cover removed ?  With no eyeglasses and the electric shield working the nose piece maybe isn't required ?

Have you tried testing it out?

I’m not sure but I think as you swing the shield down with glasses on, if your glasses are in good position, should stay in place and no obstruction with the shield, I thought this is one of the selling features for the helmet so it should work. 
Removing the curtain/nose piece would likely require you to be plugged in all the time to avoid fogging of the shield and your glasses, but if you are a light breather, perhaps there is enough negative pressure generated in the helmet to draw all your moisture out the vents to avoid shield and glasses fogging. 
Id try to find a way to make it work without being plugged in, but that’s because I like not having the cord connected. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, signfan said:

Everyone has their own preferences.  With e linq being plugged in really isn't an issue though.  We should all be using a tether imo.

My current sled is my first with the tether and I found myself attaching it to the ring on my jacket seldom. 
I tried to think about it, but had a hard time….plus forgetting it is attached when I get off the sled ended up yanking on my dess key, which I’d rather avoid that if possible. 
Agree, we all have our unique preferences or habits. 
I definitely see the value in using the tether, just like a tekvest, but personally have a hard time with both. 

1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

One thing that is different than other helmets is that you can't open just the shield to adjust eyeglasses over and around the nose shield. Once the shield comes down I guess the glasses have to be in the right spot   Also wondering if anyone rides with the complete nose cover removed ?  With no eyeglasses and the electric shield working the nose piece maybe isn't required ?

A friend of mine uses Mission with nose piece removed.  He plugs in all the time and has no issues   

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2022 at 8:12 PM, ontariof7 said:

I found this. A patented and priority link system to allow for a connection for heated visors, vest, socks etc. I was wondering more about the comment, "we should all be using a tether imo" ??

That is a great idea. 

I have to wear glasses. Think it best to go try on the mission and the oxygen and see which works best. The wife also needs a new lid so it would seem either would be good for her. This is one of the few items I am happy to replace after the fire. Always enjoy getting new sled gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding warmth of oxygen it is a warm helmet and has no wind penetration. I have had one for 3 years and never had temp higher than lowest setting. You can get away without wearing a balaclava but I still wear one as it seems strange sledding without one. Great field of view and easily accommodates communicators. It is extremely quiet to the point you may have difficulty hearing folks talk to you with the helmet on. I almost never plugged in any of my previous helmets but the oxygen almost always needs to be plugged in to function properly. That is the one aspect I do not like but have gotten used to it over time. 

My son has the mission and he likes it. Does not easily accommodate communicators as you will need to carve out some foam for speakers. If you read the owners manual it does state not to do that. Field of view is less but it rarely needs to be plugged in. Noisier than the oxygen and field of view is less although in line with most other helmets. 

As for glasses I did experiment with some sunglasses to formulate an opinion with the oxygen. My take is that glasses can fog for the first minute or so but after that no issue. Didn’t do a test on the Mission. 

On 12/1/2022 at 9:12 AM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I actually like My BVS2 so much I bought a new electric shield. 

If not I would probably go oxygen. 

X2 on both comments. A rarity ( agreeing with UTS lol ). 

Really like the BVS2 . Original,  non electric visor in my case.

• Haha 1

Both my wife and i use the Oxygens with glasses.  As stated, in some colder temps, they can fog up for a minute, but the heated visor gets rid of that pretty quickly.  After that, they stay fog-free at the lowest setting.  Our communicators work really well.  Love the wide visibility.  We do ride in cold temps, so can't really comment on the helmets being too hot.  We do wear thin balaclavas.  Happy users.