Oxygen

zoso

No experience with CKX, but I wouldn't consider anything but an Oxygen.  Tried a Mission helmet on out of curiosity at a dealer one day after owning the Oxygen for half a season.  No way.  It just felt claustrophobic after getting used to the openness of the Oxygen.  Don't ever see myself going back to a helmet that has a mask stuck to my face.  For sizing measure your head and reference this chart.

https://skidoogear.com/sizing-chart/

2 hours ago, zoso said:

How is sizing compared to ckx etc.?

Thanks.

Similar, I wear a large in both. The CKX is a bit tighter on my cheeks (which is mitigated by the accessory cheekpads you can get for the Mission/Titan).

I really like my oxygen - huge visor and nothing stuck to my face :D.. , just make sure you carry an extra visor cord because they have a propitiatory connector (to the helmet).

Mind you, its always best to try one on and the dealers seem to have lots of inventory now.

Just bought a Mission and can't wait to try it. never wore a Oxygen and just because of the required cord never want one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Too bad cheek pads are back ordered until April. 

Jeeesus

6 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

You may want to check out the CKX Contact helmet as well.

Agreed.  That's either going to be an excellent lower cost option to the Oxygen.  Or it'll fog terrible and be a flop.  Will be interesting to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, signfan said:

Agreed.  That's either going to be an excellent lower cost option to the Oxygen.  Or it'll fog terrible and be a flop.  Will be interesting to see.

I may pick one up this year and see how it is.  I have a titan now and really like it, I want a mission, but don't want the cost that comes with it right now.

16 hours ago, Yamatario said:

Just bought a Mission and can't wait to try it. never wore a Oxygen and just because of the required cord never want one.

Just picked mine Mission this afternoon, sure looks great! I can't wait for the first ride...

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ontariof7 said:

Just picked mine Mission this afternoon, sure looks great! I can't wait for the first ride...

I really liked mine last year, worked great, adjustable sun peak is extremely useful and I did not use the visor much at all since the peak worked so good.

One issue I had was the seal froze on me once causing an air leak, but that was caused by going from very cold, to warm up shack and back to cold.....

There is mention above of having mask stuck to your face, I am not sure that is an accurate statement (IMO) - there is a curtain that rests on your nose but nothing that is resting on your face like the older Doo modular helmet that has a mask, which definitely is secured to your face.

I only used the electric visor once during some heavy snow, otherwise, wireless, just the way I prefer.

Good luck with yours, I hope it treats you well.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, stoney said:

I really liked mine last year, worked great, adjustable sun peak is extremely useful and I did not use the visor much at all since the peak worked so good.

One issue I had was the seal froze on me once causing an air leak, but that was caused by going from very cold, to warm up shack and back to cold.....

There is mention above of having mask stuck to your face, I am not sure that is an accurate statement (IMO) - there is a curtain that rests on your nose but nothing that is resting on your face like the older Doo modular helmet that has a mask, which definitely is secured to your face.

I only used the electric visor once during some heavy snow, otherwise, wireless, just the way I prefer.

Good luck with yours, I hope it treats you well.

Do you wear glasses ?  

Reading for me is no glasses   but you don't want me to do anything else without glasses  lol   I got a Mission for this year as well and will be interested on how it works for me    I have the BV2 and before that the Modulars    I got onto those pretty quick without fogging   I hope the same for the Mission  

• Like 1

I’ve been using the Mission since the first year and love it, Karen loved her oxygen helmet but we bought her a Mission as it drove her crazy seeing me rarely ever plugged in, last season the oxygen never got used once. I’ll keep it as a spare for her if nothing else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

Reading for me is no glasses   but you don't want me to do anything else without glasses  lol   I got a Mission for this year as well and will be interested on how it works for me    I have the BV2 and before that the Modulars    I got onto those pretty quick without fogging   I hope the same for the Mission  

I’ve read quite a few posts from people that wear glasses and no issues with the mission. 
thinking you’ll be good, but we are all different. 

Regarding the oxygen, which is the main topic, I’ve heard people say that it is a very warm helmet so if you are normally a person on the hot side, might not be a great fit….but again, we are all different. 

47 minutes ago, signfan said:

Everyone has their own preferences.  With e linq being plugged in really isn't an issue though.  We should all be using a tether imo.

What’s a e link?

8 minutes ago, Sksman said:

What’s a e link?

I found this. A patented and priority link system to allow for a connection for heated visors, vest, socks etc. I was wondering more about the comment, "we should all be using a tether imo" ??

• Like 1

Ignition tether.  It you fall off your sled it kills the engine.  Prevents your sled from running away from you.  All ski doo sleds have them standard.  Other manufacturers offer them (some standard and some as an accessory).  Having two small kids around we've made it a habit to always wear them.  Sled can't start unless I'm there and if the kids grab the throttle when I'm not looking (kids will be kids) they aren't going far before the machine will be dead and stop.  It's a habit you get into and makes for a safer ride should something bad happen.  There was an incident in BC years ago where a runaway sled hit someone.  The owner was found at fault as they weren't wearing the tether the manufacturer had provided which would have prevented the incident.  As stated in the video E-linq combines your tether and your heated shield cord into one.  So it's only one connection to make to the sled.  Makes the argument I don't want to deal with cords a mute point.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stoney said:

I’ve read quite a few posts from people that wear glasses and no issues with the mission. 
thinking you’ll be good, but we are all different. 

Regarding the oxygen, which is the main topic, I’ve heard people say that it is a very warm helmet so if you are normally a person on the hot side, might not be a great fit….but again, we are all different. 

One thing that is different than other helmets is that you can't open just the shield to adjust eyeglasses over and around the nose shield. Once the shield comes down I guess the glasses have to be in the right spot   Also wondering if anyone rides with the complete nose cover removed ?  With no eyeglasses and the electric shield working the nose piece maybe isn't required ?