Border crossing

ZR1BANDIT

Can we cross the border from the states into Ontario like the old days as long as we have updated passports and vaccine cards ???   will be staying a week for snowmobiling backpack trip   how much are the weekly passes these days ??   thanks for any info-------------------

You can leave your Wuhan Institute for Biological Warfare Flue cards home.

Was up there aboot a month ago.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ZR1BANDIT said:

Can we cross the border from the states into Ontario like the old days as long as we have updated passports and vaccine cards ???   will be staying a week for snowmobiling backpack trip   how much are the weekly passes these days ??   thanks for any info-------------------

There are no weekly passes per say. There are what is called multi day permits with a minimum purchase of 2 days. It appears that they are not available for purchase until December 2nd and no prices are on the website yet.

You should be able to pre-buy the permits for the dates you want on line before you leave home. I believe you can print the permit purchased off and put a copy in a plastic baggie to attach to the windshield of your sled.

The  most likely website to purchase them will be:               https://www.ofsc.on.ca/permits/     

Hope this helps.                              

It is like pre-pandemic at the border, for US residents going to Canada. Unfortunately, the US has not reciprocated that at this time. Ski 

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

It is like pre-pandemic at the border, for US residents going to Canada. Unfortunately, the US has not reciprocated that at this time. Ski 

No?

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

There are no weekly passes per say. There are what is called multi day permits with a minimum purchase of 2 days. It appears that they are not available for purchase until December 2nd and no prices are on the website yet.

You should be able to pre-buy the permits for the dates you want on line before you leave home. I believe you can print the permit purchased off and put a copy in a plastic baggie to attach to the windshield of your sled.

The  most likely website to purchase them will be:               https://www.ofsc.on.ca/permits/     

Hope this helps.                              

Minimum of 45 day, if they hold lasts year pricing. Don’t think they will charge it since, that’s 315 for a week. Cheaper to buy full season if using it for 7 days anyways. 

20 minutes ago, Ox said:

No?

Nope, thank your boy JB, for announcing the pandemic was over, then not following through to remove the restrictions. Ski (FJB)

• Like 1

My . boy . eh?

... comming from Michigan to boot?

6 hours ago, ZR1BANDIT said:

You should buy full season permits by end of day Dec. 1 /22 to use for your 7 day trip. The price until then is $230.00 for a full season permit (after that the price is $280.00) .  If you buy 7 single day permits it will cost you at least $315.00. 

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

Nope, thank your boy JB, for announcing the pandemic was over, then not following through to remove the restrictions. Ski (FJB)

A friend of my son, he went to go to Grand Rapids to visit his twin sister in school a few weeks ago.  Got to the Bluewater in Sarnia, and had to turn around cause they wouldnt let him unvaccinated in.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dave K said:

A friend of my son, he went to go to Grand Rapids to visit his twin sister in school a few weeks ago.  Got to the Bluewater in Sarnia, and had to turn around cause they wouldnt let him unvaccinated in.

Yup that’s starting agsin. Need it all up to date to fly too or they won’t let you on the plane 🤦‍♂️

I crossed at Sault Ste. Marie the other day and went to Ohio and back. No problems either way and no mention of Covid either way

No personal experience, but hearing from people that cross, it is very much hit or miss.

Cannot believe I am saying this, but it is not a entering Canada issue, it is a entering US issue - THANK YOU to the Freeeeedom Convoy!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DRJ said:

I crossed at Sault Ste. Marie the other day and went to Ohio and back. No problems either way and no mention of Covid either way

Quick question.  Did you ever do the arrive Can app ?  And link it to your passport ?

38 minutes ago, stoney said:

No personal experience, but hearing from people that cross, it is very much hit or miss.

Cannot believe I am saying this, but it is not a entering Canada issue, it is a entering US issue - THANK YOU to the Freeeeedom Convoy!!!!!

We drove to Florida in March and just a couple weeks ago. Gave our passports and answered the regular questions ( nothing about vacs ) and were on our way  never an issue 

5 hours ago, Dave K said:

Yup we know a fellow that was heading south to visit his son and when they scanned his passport then they asked him his vacs status.  He declined to answer and was turned back. 

10 hours ago, DRJ said:

8 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Quick question.  Did you ever do the arrive Can app ?  And link it to your passport ?

yep, if you have ever filled out the Arrive Can Ap (not mandated at this time, now) they already have your vax status on the border crossing doc list, that they track you on. they have a written tracking online for every border crossing you have made in the last 20 years (or more). that is why they ask, when was the last time you crossed, they ask you where you are going, and when you are coming back. they look for inconsistencies in your trips, stories, claims of what you are getting, or brining, going to/from with you etc... when they see a pattern, or a inconsistency, it gives them "grounds" for a secondary search. your results may vary.

they scan your license plate and track that as well. they know who owns, or drives certain plated vehicles, this lines up with the passport, or ID provided at the window. they know who should be in that auto, prior to you even getting to the window. Ski

• Thanks 1

I live in Sault Ste. Marie and cross into Michigan often then return back to Canada.  During our recent trips there has been no mention of Covid, however, I find that each visit, the various questioning is at the discretion of the agent.  Covid is back on the rise, so who knows what new rules might come into play?

Who is asking this?

Any guys?

I always find that any border agent that is giving a hard time, is some chic that apparently has a power complex.

The guys see a cpl of rednecks in a truck with sleds on and don't find any concern there.

Not sure how we throw up red flags to the chics?

Our crossing was at The Soo as well.

I crossed at Windsor - prolly 3 yrs ago aboot right now, and was going to Toronto. I had a Siemens CNC control that needed work, amnd a fella that I have dealt with via mail and internet in Toronto would doo the work for me, but I didn't want to wait for the post both ways, and besides, who knows if it would make it alive.

So I drew a chick at Windsor, and I told her that I was going to T town to get my "computer worked on".

"All the way to T Town to get a computer worked on?"

"Yeah, well it's not your every day computer."

Yeah, I got pulled over and had at least 3 if not 4 agents crawling all over my truck.

... whatever ....

On 11/25/2022 at 10:21 PM, stoney said:

2.0 in February!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So, have all un-vaxed y'all's still been shunned from our border?

I was amazed when I found out that it was open last fall going your way, yet y'all couldn't come down here!

Heard on the news this morning that Woohan Institute for Biological Warfare Flu restrictions were coming to and end as for the Mexican border, and so I am guessing that explains why that was still imposed on the Canucks?

So, our border should be open to you now, or soon?

Guessing that y'all know more aboot this than I doo.

still closed from canada to us (land border) for unvaxed, until midnight may 12. sad our gov't didnt follow canada's lead to open borders, especially to property owners.

some border guards were not asking about vax status on the us side but, it was a crap shoot. you could get turned away, no warning. many people rolled the dice and crossed by land and were allowed entry. sadly some were not. it was a risk you had to be willing to take.

glad that will be over for all to travel from canada to the us, land, sea, and air. border traffic for us, will have a significant uptick soon.  Ski