Quebec Suggestions

Krusty

Looking for some suggestions for places to stay in Quebec & day trip out of. Don't really want to do a saddlebag tour this year. We normally like to ride in the 250-300kms per day & would like to find a decent location to stay at for a 3-4 days & ride out of 1 place. We have ridden northern Ontario so many times over the last 20 plus years that our group is looking for a change. Any first hand experience at different spots would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Krusty said:

Looking for some suggestions for places to stay in Quebec & day trip out of. Don't really want to do a saddlebag tour this year. We normally like to ride in the 250-300kms per day & would like to find a decent location to stay at for a 3-4 days & ride out of 1 place. We have ridden northern Ontario so many times over the last 20 plus years that our group is looking for a change. Any first hand experience at different spots would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

What kind of riding are you looking for?   Cochrane/ Hearst style or more twists?

When we did that one year, we stayed at Le Rabaska - it was a good, cabins of various sizes, good food, night entertainment, bar, great staff.....

Not to far a drive, lots of directions to go for day rides.

Mekoos is not far and another place to stay - busier spot though.

https://www.lerabaska.com/

• Like 1

I highly recommend an Airbnb. There are tons of them in PQ at all different price points.  Just do you research with relation to proximity to the trails.  The owners will help with this info as well.

Val D'or - Hotel Forestel - plush hotel. You can ride North, South and West.

Or Rouyn-Noranda - Quality Inn - a bit tougher to get to, fuel across the street, chain food place at hotel or next door.

I will do Val D'or again, as pretty easy to get to from Ottawa, and much nicer hotel.

Lastly, just check in advance if you plan on using a small town gas station on a Sunday. :-)

In my opinion for day loops probably rouyan would be your best bet. The quality in is a nice place with the bar (La cage) attached. You can ride north to Lassare then down to Amos and back which would be a great day loop then of course you could ride to ville Marie or valdor and back or jump over to newliskerd and loop around on the Ontario side. Depending on what time of year, you are going they have a tree line from there down to villemarie as well and you could ride the trail back. Lots of options.

1 hour ago, DRJ said:

In my opinion for day loops probably rouyan would be your best bet. The quality in is a nice place with the bar (La cage) attached. You can ride north to Lassare then down to Amos and back which would be a great day loop then of course you could ride to ville Marie or valdor and back or jump over to newliskerd and loop around on the Ontario side. Depending on what time of year, you are going they have a tree line from there down to villemarie as well and you could ride the trail back. Lots of options.

This is probably the closest place to ride in QC from ON and terrain that I think is similar to ON….another good option. 

The further east you go, personally I think generally gets better. 

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

On 11/24/2022 at 9:37 PM, Gadgetman said:

Val D'or - Hotel Forestel - plush hotel. You can ride North, South and West.

Or Rouyn-Noranda - Quality Inn - a bit tougher to get to, fuel across the street, chain food place at hotel or next door.

I will do Val D'or again, as pretty easy to get to from Ottawa, and much nicer hotel.

Lastly, just check in advance if you plan on using a small town gas station on a Sunday. :-)

You can ride east as well. Its a nice daytrip from Val D or out to Lac Faillon for lunch via Louvicourt  and the club trail that runs east off 386 south of Louvicourt . After lunch, west to Senneterre then decide which way back to Val D Or.

• Like 2