Trailer Traction Mats/Guides

Bryan XC700

I have a new inline trailer coming soon & I'm debating on whether to have the dealer install caliber products in it before I take delivery or wait & do it myself. Just wondering if anyone has any input, the trailer is 7'x23' inline v-nose. If I install myself I'd save anywhere from $300-$600 depending on when I buy the products, how long does it take to install. I'm looking at all Caliber products, guides, trax mats, etc. Or does someone have another product they've used & had good results, this is my last trailer I'm planning on buying!

Thanks

5 panels of 4'X8' plastic lattice fence panels.

$250.00 of material and one hour labour to install.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

5 panels of 4'X8' plastic lattice fence panels.

$250.00 of material and one hour labour to install.

There are 2 different types of lattice. In layman terms either big holes or small holes. I know a number of members on here have used lattice. Which type are you using? Is it a problem cleaning the floor with the lattice?

43 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

There are 2 different types of lattice. In layman terms either big holes or small holes. I know a number of members on here have used lattice. Which type are you using? Is it a problem cleaning the floor with the lattice?

Mine is the small holes. Sweeps out easily. Read on a forum guy uses his leaf blower.

lf anyone does install the lattice leave a full inch of space between walls and lattice and between each sheet of lattice.  I didn’t leave much of a gap and in the summer heat the plastic really expanded and bowed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fuse6 said:

Mine is the small holes. Sweeps out easily. Read on a forum guy uses his leaf blower.

lf anyone does install the lattice leave a full inch of space between walls and lattice and between each sheet of lattice.  I didn’t leave much of a gap and in the summer heat the plastic really expanded and bowed. 

Have some pictures you could share for anyone thinking about this option👍

44 minutes ago, stoney said:

Have some pictures you could share for anyone thinking about this option👍

Will take some if l get to the shop today or tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

The cold will make that plastic brittle and get ripped out by studs

None of the people who have posted that they are using this system have complained about studs causing a problem with the lattice. AC+YA has been using it for a number of years and talked about it on here a number of times but hasn't mentioned any issues.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

None of the people who have posted that they are using this system have complained about studs causing a problem with the lattice. AC+YA has been using it for a number of years and talked about it on here a number of times but hasn't mentioned any issues.

Huh Id like to see that, I know i have busted a few plastic track guides on mine when im a little overzealous on the throttle

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Let’s see them go down the road without any straps on the sled 😆
huston we have a blow out and a few missing sleds, when we get to our destination. That lattice is real

easy to un load, eh. 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Let’s see them go down the road without any straps on the sled 😆
huston we have a blow out and a few missing sleds, when we get to our destination. That lattice is real

easy to un load, eh. 

We are talking about enclosed trailers here but even so, I'm not sure why they would have to haul without strapping down the sleds just because of the lattice on the floor???

• Thanks 1

I put lattice in the floor of my 6x12 cargo trailer and it has worked great.   I will snap a pic of it and post it.  

On 11/18/2022 at 3:27 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

We are talking about enclosed trailers here but even so, I'm not sure why they would have to haul without strapping down the sleds just because of the lattice on the floor???

it’s just slippery to walk on. Wouldn’t want that in my trailer all year long no doubt. 

42 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

it’s just slippery to walk on. Wouldn’t want that in my trailer all year long no doubt. 

The stuff I bought at Home Hardware is not slippery at all.    

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

I got mine from home depot, not slippery, the bare floor is much worse.

• Here is a pic of the lattice in my 6x12 trailer.    I cant figure out how to spin the pic so it is right side up?

D345CEF0-7D1F-42FC-AB8E-FDC6AD6C8D26.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here’s some pics of the trailer .

Don’t find it slippery at all. And after a full season of sleds in and out lattice has held up very well.

l do like the Calibre 90 degree bumpers for the ramp to avoid hooking the ramp cable when backing sleds off trailer.

8330F31C-92EC-4F96-A1A0-6ABA4A180A97.jpeg

CD29BE52-4391-4F45-8F1D-212F48E0B28B.jpeg

AB057C02-4EAE-4B52-8001-2D433A5544B1.jpeg

So any other recommendations other than lattice?

6 minutes ago, Bryan XC700 said:

So any other recommendations other than lattice?

Our Trailer has the regular guides and traction pads. Its basically plug and play and puts the sled exactly where its supposed to be. Unless you miss the guides. 

I used the ski guides for the skis and barn mats up the middle - I would not use the barn mats again though, they are on the heavy side, I think I would try that lattice and I would use the low profile ski guides vs. the taller ones.

Highly recommend the superclamps to secure sled too.

Depending how the trailer comes prepped from the factory, if it does not have it, install plywood on the wall.

14 hours ago, stoney said:

I used the ski guides for the skis and barn mats up the middle - I would not use the barn mats again though, they are on the heavy side, I think I would try that lattice and I would use the low profile ski guides vs. the taller ones.

Highly recommend the superclamps to secure sled too.

Depending how the trailer comes prepped from the factory, if it does not have it, install plywood on the wall.

I will be installing superclamps in the trailer as well. A friend did barn mats as well & said they were very heavy.

On 11/22/2022 at 7:54 PM, gobills said:

https://www.royaldistributing.com/maxx-traction-mat-12-34418.html

I have used these and they are amazing.  Save the tax right now too.  

Yep, seem to do the job and decently priced.

I've been running this trailer and mat setup since 2004. No complaints. Basic rubber mat center, helps to keep sled in place. Basic Ski guides. I have started to replace the center strip ski guides with the Caliber lowpro grip, which aren't slippery with snow on them.

20210409_162601.jpg.75f8faafcb59b909e6a93eb56fcbcdd2.jpg

• Like 1