Snow event on the way? March 3-4

04nightfire

On 12/26/2022 at 7:35 PM, capster59 said:

Just came up to spend the week in huntsville at our cabin. Most snow at one time in my history here(2003) glad I brought my kubota blower up...still took forever as there was is a solid 4 ft...twice as high as the blower auger. Got the generator going as cabin was a nice 2 deg inside. We were lucky as all our roads were plowed for the first time an hour before our arrival...felt like a lottery win..

Then even better power comes back on...woo hoo..

Power has been off at our place since Christmas eve. Got a nice bill coming up for frozen pumphouse when i get back.

Oh well

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Hmmmmmm, don't see any OPEN trails in your area! Must have been all lake running haha.

lmao, Haliburton Forest, put on 20 miles yesterday doing trail work for Snowcrest though.

• Like 2

Some Sault Ste. Marie Reality Jokes...Enjoy

"In Sault Ste. Marie, you snow-blow a path to the garage.....so the burglars can break in"

"In Sault Ste. Marie, you have a 50/50 chance of getting your snow-blower stuck going downhill"

"In Sault Ste. Marie, my sled is stylish, sexy, comfortable and elegantly maintained....the house on the other hand"

• Haha 5

@Dan-Senior we drove through the Soo today, they have February depth snow, right now! it is crazy what you guys have.

Along the same token... we shoveled out the house in Dub when we arrived tonight... We have February snow depth too. usually I dont start level shoveling from the deck, off to yard snow depth but, this day, was the day. front deck is level with snow depth, back deck is above deck.

we did get some freezing rain north of Wawa, into Dub tonight. seems to have switched over to snow but, who knows for how long. if you are looking for something to do, we are here until Sunday morning. Ski

15 hours ago, skidooboy said:

@Dan-Senior we drove through the Soo today, they have February depth snow, right now! it is crazy what you guys have.

Along the same token... we shoveled out the house in Dub when we arrived tonight... We have February snow depth too. usually I dont start level shoveling from the deck, off to yard snow depth but, this day, was the day. front deck is level with snow depth, back deck is above deck.

we did get some freezing rain north of Wawa, into Dub tonight. seems to have switched over to snow but, who knows for how long. if you are looking for something to do, we are here until Sunday morning. Ski

Good to hear Eric, that you made it north to Dub.    Sounds like some descent snow-depth and hopefully you can get a few rides in..  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, skidooboy said:

How is it between the two? How 'boot Chap? Typically it doesn't seem that The Soo and Wawa area both git big snow at the same time? The Goose Cam doesn't seem to show "Feb depths" I don't think.

4 hours ago, signfan said:

Any sign of groomed trails in Dubreville or Wawa?

Packing has started in Dubreuilville, my grooming partner Norm has been out and has done Trail D west up to Hwy 519.  He also did the to the Magpie Reservoir.   Tomorrow he will will be doing D trail East to our warmup shack.   I was gone to  Sudbury and got back home today so hopping to be able to go out soon.  Lots of
Snow out there. 

From the Groomer Guy AKA Luc  yesterday 

27 minutes ago, 1049 said:

Packing has started in Dubreuilville, my grooming partner Norm has been out and has done Trail D west up to Hwy 519.  He also did the to the Magpie Reservoir.   Tomorrow he will will be doing D trail East to our warmup shack.   I was gone to  Sudbury and got back home today so hopping to be able to go out soon.  Lots of
Snow out there. 

From the Groomer Guy AKA Luc  yesterday 

It is only a start, they are just packing with the Pisten Bully, not using the drag, at this time. we are going out, to check out a water spot over a bridge tomorrow, and going to Hawk, for a Big Bear Burger. Ski

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ox said:

How is it between the two? How 'boot Chap? Typically it doesn't seem that The Soo and Wawa area both git big snow at the same time? The Goose Cam doesn't seem to show "Feb depths" I don't think.

the cam and the over look pics are really deceiving. they are in the open, and the wind has blown all the snow off the surrounding areas. there is a good 2 feet plus here. I have a pic of the mountain of snow in the soo from yesterday. I posted pics in the northern sections of our place, after the dig out yesterday. Ski  

16 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

It is only a start, they are just packing with the Pisten Bully, not using the drag, at this time. we are going out, to check out a water spot over a bridge tomorrow, and going to Hawk, for a Big Bear Burger. Ski

That’s what I thought haven’t talked to Patrick for a few days to get a update. We are at my son’s cottage in Fugereville Quebec trails are starting to open but going to +9 tomorrow and back 0 on Saturday 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, signfan said:

Is the new trail to Hornepayne built?  

I think it’s getting close 

• Like 1

Sault Ste. Marie on Christmas Day.

Snow in sudbury has all but disappeared

• Sad 4

17 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Snow in sudbury has all but disappeared

All gone down here too except for a couple drifts that are still hanging on. We had over a foot easily…all gone🤷🏼‍♂️

Still snow in the bush in muskoka but the water is running and alot of trees down. Full tank of fuel through the chainsaw today just clearing the feeder trail. Need a hand tomorrow getting one final tangled mess of trees cleaned up that i shouldnt do alone. Dont need more rain that they're calling for on tuesday. Our lake turned to slush so thats good, at least it'll freeze solid now on wednesday night.B08D6EA2-83A3-437E-A15E-289C5A730F96.thumb.jpeg.3364b98a6185545f17e8391524a31b63.jpegEEEB0E51-C2EF-4492-B2B3-7EEF904B6F76.thumb.jpeg.60f5bf68b5ea5d2f13b7cfc5d5f7cdd9.jpeg7BDDBB13-E228-41EC-B97C-833A2632504B.thumb.jpeg.c1c95886f84064416a25fdada53c1045.jpeg

2F67C594-F543-4015-BDE3-065D59B041DB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Todays flip flop fruit ride 😎

014BAAA3-BD11-4717-8D16-EC7DB7862CF9.jpeg

8E22BB1C-55CC-4D54-A20B-CED31E7BE246.jpeg

AF117A6F-425B-4379-986A-85444EF2510B.jpeg

Almost feels like flip flop weather in Kitchener today when the sun came out lol 

• Like 2

hard to believe 4' to starting over.

25k for new sleds

no thanks

2 hours ago, Spiderman said:

hard to believe 4' to starting over.

25k for new sleds

no thanks

So your parents lost all the snow or just a big chunk of it?

Forecast coming up is looking better, some new snow and a bit of cold, just need a lot more cold and snow.

Here is hoping that was our Jan thaw and its onward and upwards from here on out!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stoney said:

So your parents lost all the snow or just a big chunk of it?

Forecast coming up is looking better, some new snow and a bit of cold, just need a lot more cold and snow.

Here is hoping that was our Jan thaw and its onward and upwards from here on out!

Its not all gone - but a significant chunk is.

It actually pains me to say this - but we almost needed it - there should at least be a base now - which did not exist before that snowfall and now the lakes might have a chance.

Roads are pavement - which is a kick in the nuts.

Our local club I'm sure will have their hands full with downed trees and I wish I could be there to help as it will be a tremendous task. I know they'll get it done, because they always get the job done, but it will just make things more difficult.

Mother nature!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stoney said:

I think your right, and I agree that most likely was our January thaw. I’ll gladly take a thaw now for consistent sledding later on. 

• Like 2

• LuvMyViper changed the title to Snow event on the way? March 3-4