Snow event on the way? March 3-4

04nightfire

i just got a report from Port Rowan (Long Point Bay) and it's snowing/blowing so hard you can see your hand. The water in Long Point Bay is leaving and the bay will be empty soon. The water is heading to Buffalo and will come back in a wall that will flood the North Shore of Lake Erie. My friend said he's never seen it this bad before (born there) and the snow and wind will be increase as the day goes on. And 30 plus foot waves on Lake Erie

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LuvMyViper said:

i just got a report from Port Rowan (Long Point Bay) and it's snowing/blowing so hard you can see your hand. The water in Long Point Bay is leaving and the bay will be empty soon. The water is heading to Buffalo and will come back in a wall that will flood the North Shore of Lake Erie. My friend said he's never seen it this bad before (born there) and the snow and wind will be increase as the day goes on. And 30 plus foot waves on Lake Erie

Interesting, I have a buddy right on the water in Long Point - was just texting him and he said it's definetly pretty nasty there right now - but it's been worse in terms of the water and wind - but also said it's only really just starting.

I think the winds are really just today - as the 2 fronts connect - it will die down and then more snow will fall 

1 minute ago, Spiderman said:

Interesting, I have a buddy right on the water in Long Point - was just texting him and he said it's definetly pretty nasty there right now - but it's been worse in terms of the water and wind - but also said it's only really just starting.

I think the winds are really just today - as the 2 fronts connect - it will die down and then more snow will fall 

My friend is in Port Rowan. Water front on top of the bluff.. I hope your friend stays safe... The power goes out all the time down there, gonna be interesting today

Just drove from Hamilton to Ayr. Extremely strong winds with snow blowing everywhere. Was at out trucks top lot down by QEW and snow mostly blowing away...couple inches at home in Ayr...will get blower out later as drifts are starting to form with the wind

• Thanks 1

Just came in from some shopping. 

Mostly windy out there.

My lawn is still green, but there are drifts in some areas.

Roads weren't too bad at all.

10 to 12 " have fallen in sudbury and still snowing

• Like 5

Attempted to drive To in-laws in Wiarton but unsuccessfully due to road closures, had to turn around for home, considered trying long way around but really didn’t want to be driving in these conditions at night, day is tolerable, night makes it much harder….especially with the aging eyes. 

• Like 3

Just got in from my first round in the tractor, around 2-3” at about 12:40pm this afternoon. Finished my run at 5pm and some driveways had 2-3’ drifts in them. Storm got wilder as I went. 
Going to be interesting in early morning for the next run. 

definitely can’t see out there…

Just a heads up to all living in the Norfolk County area or have travel plans in or through the area... the county has pulled the plows off the roads... please stay at home. Roads are not officially closed at this point, but if and when the OPP does close them, just a reminder that your car insurance may not be valid when driving on a closed road.

321610590_880557283184690_4416816645568806449_n.jpg

1 hour ago, LuvMyViper said:

Just a heads up to all living in the Norfolk County area or have travel plans in or through the area... the county has pulled the plows off the roads... please stay at home. Roads are not officially closed at this point, but if and when the OPP does close them, just a reminder that your car insurance may not be valid when driving on a closed road.

321610590_880557283184690_4416816645568806449_n.jpg

Insurance companies are crooks with clauses like that.  What happens if you have an emergency?

Lots of wind and blowing snow, visibility nil, all roads in South Huron closed. Went into field behind us and very quickly lots bearings. All the snow blowing into 3 to 5ft drifts. Fun driving down the roads with no cars or plows.

PXL_20221224_004110414.jpg

• Like 7

Another foot since i parked my truck at midnight. Snow gauge is basically buried. crap tonne of weight on the tree branches. Hoping the power stays on. It's snack time for the Honda blower!!!❄️👍

5ACA0F61-EF23-41A8-92CB-14D5D99CE486.jpeg

6F5D5FBE-4123-41B2-A511-27835B0C58AB.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

Another foot since i parked my truck at midnight. Snow gauge is basically buried. crap tonne of weight on the tree branches. Hoping the power stays on. It's snack time for the Honda blower!!!❄️👍

5ACA0F61-EF23-41A8-92CB-14D5D99CE486.jpeg

6F5D5FBE-4123-41B2-A511-27835B0C58AB.jpeg

How is the wind though - calmed down or still blowing hard?

Fresh Snow in Sault Ste. Marie today

Sault Ste Marie.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stoney said:

How is the wind though - calmed down or still blowing hard?

Winds not bad. Gusty occasionaly. Just heavy snow and its sticking to the trees. Hydro still on here in Port. Snow gauge is gone. Ran the blower twice already

CF6BFFC3-CA51-44F2-A2AA-EE02ACDBB0B7.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

Winds not bad. Gusty occasionaly. Just heavy snow and its sticking to the trees. Hydro still on here in Port. Snow gauge is gone. Ran the blower twice already

CF6BFFC3-CA51-44F2-A2AA-EE02ACDBB0B7.jpeg

For relevance how tall is the snow gauge?

Been snowing like a MOFO since Friday afternoon.    I still can barely see the house across the street from me.    I had a 4ft drift at the end of my driveway to dig through this am.   All highways are still closed in Perth County and arent expected to open up until Sunday am.    Both my daughters are RNs at Stratford General and they both did a 24hr shift yesterday and are going in for another 12hrs tonight at 7pm.    They cant get out of town to come home so they got a room at a local hotel so they could have a shower and get some sleep before heading back in tonight.   

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Been snowing like a MOFO since Friday afternoon.    I still can barely see the house across the street from me.    I had a 4ft drift at the end of my driveway to dig through this am.   All highways are still closed in Perth County and arent expected to open up until Sunday am.    Both my daughters are RNs at Stratford General and they both did a 24hr shift yesterday and are going in for another 12hrs tonight at 7pm.    They cant get out of town to come home so they got a room at a local hotel so they could have a shower and get some sleep before heading back in tonight.   

Looks like you raised some great daughters ! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LuvMyViper said:

Taken just outside Blenheim Ontario this morning! The fun of living in a rural community with open fields! State of Emergency declared for Chatham Kent!

321817522_860383142049315_425927523959306984_n.jpg

Open fields are not the issue in this instance. Its the evergreen snow fences that have created the issue seen in the picture.

• Like 2

Have been in touch with friends in Drayton and Walters Falls. Areas are getting snow and wind like crazy. Our area has no real snow to speak of but wind.  Visibility is not a problem. But all roads closed. Storm looks like it's north and south of us ? 

• LuvMyViper changed the title to Snow event on the way? March 3-4