Snow event on the way? March 3-4

04nightfire

the sad part is after whatever snow we do get it is forecast to be +6 for the new years weekend 

• Sad 2

So much hype, it's just weather - we've gone complete wuss world.

5-15 cm is a "major winter event" because it's going to get to -10.

Sad state

• Like 4

Just booked at the forest for the 26th, not expecting  great conditions but will be nice to ride anyways 

• Like 10

I will also be in the Forest at some point next week.  They have already done a few passes and they are expecting 18-24" this weekend.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nunz said:

Just booked at the forest for the 26th, not expecting  great conditions but will be nice to ride anyways 

Did they say if they were getting alot of reservations? I need a shakedown run on the new snow chariot. 

• Like 1

"Starting to think the weather people are in cahoots with the Covid crazy's who do not want people meeting and spending time together"

I'd add that " budgets " may not allow for adequate road safety. I understand the need for warnings, etc. but "everyone'' is better off if we stay home and isolate ( some more ).  Ran into a lady today, disappointed about possibly not seeing her family for the 3rd Christmas in a row. 

Happen to have season tickets to Buffalo Bills. Roads are safer there - so much snow clearing equipment, and it's used. Not awarded to contractors and ' hope for the best '. 

Enjoy your family gatherings. Leave a day early ( lady above ). Cheers 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

Did they say if they were getting alot of reservations? I need a shakedown run on the new snow chariot. 

Never spoke with them, did it online first thing this morning. I’m in the same boat just want to give it a break in run. 

• Like 1

Food stocked up and liquor for weekend so let the storm come. Picked a great day to take off work too! 
even got news my new Mazda Cx-9 has arrived at the dealer (after waiting 5 months) 

“my Christmas gift” will be ready for pick up Thursday lol 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, signfan said:

What's everyone seeing on the ground.  Was this a big flop again?

Lots of wind and minimal snow so far in KW 

50 minutes ago, signfan said:

The storm is starting as advertised here in Kitchener. Snowing pretty hard since around 7:30am and the temps are dropping quickly along with strengthening winds. We didn't get much rain (max temp was +1C today). Pictures at 11

4 minutes ago, LuvMyViper said:

The storm is starting as advertised here in Kitchener. Snowing pretty hard since around 7:30am and the temps are dropping quickly along with strengthening winds. We didn't get much rain (max temp was +1C today). Pictures at 11

Just wet snow and a little bit of wind around Hamilton right now.

Ground is still visible and some slush on the grass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, signfan said:

Nothing overnight in Gravenhurst but looks it is on its way, Was snowing really good from Orillia to Barrie this morning.

10cms of new snow, in the past 24 hours, here in the Sault.  Nothing out of the normal.  North of the city got double+.  Still way short of the Red Alerts forecast and hype.

• Like 1

Snowing like crazy in fergus since about 7-7:30am…right on schedule. If this keeps up for the next 3 days, we will definitely get a lot of snow.

• Like 1

Temperature is dropping quite a bit now in the Hammer.

Things are firming up - not much snow to speak of - mostly just blowing around what little is out there.

Had a few things blow into my rink - which is only forming ice and not strong enough for me to walk on - so that really sucks :)

• Like 1

• LuvMyViper changed the title to Snow event on the way? March 3-4