New

BerkPeng

Hi all - thanks for the add to the forum which was recommended to me at the Toronto snowmobile show. I am a retired miner most recently back to Canada from South America looking to get into snowmobiling to help pass the winters. The advice here about renting machines has been helpful as I will likely rent this year and purchase the next. 

• Like 8

Welcome home. Holding off purchasing a sled may be a good idea. There are some who think that some of the Covid sled purchasers will start to sell off their sleds to pay for travel in the next year or two, and after their wives say no more cold sh_t for her.

Good group on here with lots of experience. 

Cheers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Welcome home. Holding off purchasing a sled may be a good idea. There is some who think that some of the covid sled purchasers will start to sell off their sleds to pay for travel in the next year or two, and after their wives say no more cold sh_t for her.

Good group on here with lots of experience. 

Cheers

Good advice ^^^^ - really cannot see prices going up, so waiting would be a prudent choice.

Otherwise, welcome!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BerkPeng said:

Hi all - thanks for the add to the forum which was recommended to me at the Toronto snowmobile show. I am a retired miner most recently back to Canada from South America looking to get into snowmobiling to help pass the winters. The advice here about renting machines has been helpful as I will likely rent this year and purchase the next. 

Middle to end of February good time to purchase. Can still ride it and most want to move it before season ends so prices can be better then at start of season. Buying used nice to test drive it before you take it home. Can’t do that in September 😎

• Like 1

Welcome!

Great group here who have lots of information when you need it.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum BerkPeng. Hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Great to see you back and hopefully back on snowmobile this winter. 

Thank you.  I've been riding in my area every year, but I'm back on the trails this season.  Cheers. 

• Like 7