Dubreuilville house cam pics winter 2022-23

skidooboy

New high speed internet connection gives us access to having cams at the barn. Looking from the barn, the Magpie river is to your left, where the D trail heads north to Hornepayne. Looking up to the right takes you to the fuel station, and to D South, F East. Ski

Screenshot_20221112-085206_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221112-085256_Snap.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, skidooboy said:

New high speed internet connection gives us access to having cams at the barn. Looking from the barn, the Magpie river is to your left, where the D trail heads north to Hornepayne. Looking up to the right takes you to the fuel station, and to D South, F East. Ski

Screenshot_20221112-085206_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221112-085256_Snap.jpg

What cam's are you using - I am sure you posted in one of the other camera pic threads, but have not looked?

4 hours ago, stoney said:

What cam's are you using - I am sure you posted in one of the other camera pic threads, but have not looked?

Sengled LED Camera's. just need a flood light socket, and wifi. can turn them on, off, record, turn on and off the light, set up for motion detection etc... best of all, they look like regular flood lights so, no one sees, or thinks there is a camera. has two way communication too. you can turn on the listening portion, and or the microphone, and talk/listen through the camera.

Made in Canada too! Ski 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, skidooboy said:

Sengled LED Camera's. just need a flood light socket, and wifi. can turn them on, off, record, turn on and off the light, set up for motion detection etc... best of all, they look like regular flood lights so, no one sees, or thinks there is a camera. has two way communication too. you can turn on the listening portion, and or the microphone, and talk/listen through the camera.

Made in Canada too! Ski 

I did some looking at these and have some questions for you id you do not mind.

• Do you need to pay for a membership for each camera you have to utilize all the features they offer, if so, what is the amount
  • Where is the video of the camera stored - do you have options where you store the file 
  • I understand the light/switch needs to be on for the camera to work, but I assume the light only comes on if there is movement/motion, but is the camera always on regardless if the light is actually lit up
  • It looks like you need a light socket that does not only point down based on the angle/view, otherwise all you see is the ground beneath the light/camera

TYIA!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stoney said:

I did some looking at these and have some questions for you id you do not mind.

• Do you need to pay for a membership for each camera you have to utilize all the features they offer, if so, what is the amount? Depending on the features you want is how much the monthly fee is. we just opted to turn it on and off when we like, and not run, store video all the time so, no fees. right now we run 4 cameras in Dub, and one in Michigan. in a few weeks, we are adding 2 more in Dub. you just load the app, name the camera, and follow whichever came you want to look at, by selecting it on the app.  
  • Where is the video of the camera stored - do you have options where you store the file? I am not sure, I believe it is a cloud based storage, and again, you decide how long, how much you want. 
  • I understand the light/switch needs to be on for the camera to work, but I assume the light only comes on if there is movement/motion, but is the camera always on regardless if the light is actually lit up.  just needs power, you can have it wired to a switch, then yes... it needs to be on. you then control if you want the camera, voice, sounds, video, realtime view on or off. you can set it up for motion to come on but, there is a fee. we opt to turn the video on when we want manually... no fees involved. we dont let it run constantly just because of the data limits on our internet plan.
  • It looks like you need a light socket that does not only point down based on the angle/view, otherwise all you see is the ground beneath the light/camera. Yes, it works a lot better with a flood light type socket, so you can change the height, angle, view. but, if you look at the pics... the field of view is huge. very wide angle viewing. these are the easiest cameras to run, we have found. and again, you choose zero fees, or carte blanche. 

TYIA!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@stoney, I answered your questions, within you quoted message. let me know if you have anymore. I dont mind helping at all. Ski

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

@stoney, I answered your questions, within you quoted message. let me know if you have anymore. I dont mind helping at all. Ski

Thank you for the answers and taking the time.  
They do seem like a good option. 
- they are not obvious cameras

- power requirements are solved via light fixture vs. running wires or battery powered

- the fee thing was something that  was not real clear, but you covered that

- no fees if used simply as a live camera

- I think having stored footage sounds good, but than would you spend time reviewing it or just review if something goes a miss

• Like 1

@stoney, If you have motion detection activated, you can just go to the times when the camera has a motion event. then you are not needlessly searching. they know most people want that feature so, it gets you to buy in to their products. Ski

• Like 1

One thing that I am envisioning is that you must need to "rotate" the camera digitally to git it to show up as up?

Meaning that when you tighten it into the socket, "up" could be anywhere...

???

1 hour ago, Ox said:

One thing that I am envisioning is that you must need to "rotate" the camera digitally to git it to show up as up?

Meaning that when you tighten it into the socket, "up" could be anywhere...

???

nope, camera lens is on one side of the bulb. you turn it so it is "horizoned" and the fine tune it, to your view/liking, with the bulbs position. this camera has a long contact area for power so you, and loosen it quite a bit, to get level, if your flood light adjustment doesnt fully get you where you need to be. Ski

Makin ice. Open area is where a small creek comes in to the river, near the boat launch. Sending updates from the deer stand. Opening day. Ski

Screenshot_20221115-085712_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221115-085755_Snap.jpg

Makin more ice river is almost skimmed over. Ski

Screenshot_20221117-125121_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221117-125202_Snap.jpg

• Like 1

Fresh snow

Screenshot_20221119-125820_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221119-125915_Snap.jpg

Dan plowed the house driveway. The river is fully frozen now. Almost game time. Ski

Screenshot_20221120-094911_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221120-094959_Snap.jpg

• Like 2

"Building slush"

Yup, looks like slush from here....

ah, not enough snow for slush, yet. actually wind blowing snow off the ice. the next 4 days above freezing may set us back a bit. but, it is coming. Ski

Warm up, rain has put a hurt on the snow and river ice. The nice thing is, once it does get cold and the snow comes, it will help "protect" the rocks, stumps from sled impacts. Sets up a nice base for the season. Water levels are high in the entire Algoma region. 

Screenshot_20221125-090226_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221125-090321_Snap.jpg

• Like 1

Snow and ice taking a beating. Going to be over 40 f today... going to get worse, before it gets better. Ski

Screenshot_20221126-095241_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221126-095325_Snap.jpg

Lookin, pretty thin. Hope it changes soon. Ski

Screenshot_20221130-112006_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221130-112232_Snap.jpg

• Sad 1

Still thin but, whiter. River fully refroze again. Cold temps forecast, will help firm things up. Off to Costa Rica, for dirt biking Tuesday. Ski

Screenshot_20221204-170905_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221204-171033_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221204-171216_Snap.jpg

Costa Rica was great! Snow, ice is getting there, now in Dub. Notice the street pics... sanded town streets now. Ski

Screenshot_20221211-150852_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221211-150941_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221211-151032_Snap.jpg

• Like 2

Lots of cold temps, and a little snow here and there, is helping out. No chance trails will open for Christmas or New years, here, at this time. Ski

Screenshot_20221216-124118_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221216-124211_Snap.jpg

Screenshot_20221216-124256_Snap.jpg

• Like 1